ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

I GOT IT!!! Fujifilm S3

Okay, I got it. I went the extra mile...or two (thousand) and got me the Fujifilm S3. I am a NIKON guy but for the money the Fuji is well worth it. Look for many more shots from me soon!

I was taking a couple of shots of the family today after church and this one stood out as the best...sort of.

I think she is GREAT! Her brother and mom get fed up with her but...who cares what they think.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I GOT IT!!!  Fujifilm S3-leah-easter-05small.jpg  

GREAT Picture!

Congratulations on your new camera. I got to take a few pictures with one at PMA and I thought it was really nice. Please post a review for it as soon as you can. We need more reviews for the S3. You can always post a new review later, if you want to add more. Plus, there's a review contest right now. Please also post some full-res sample images in the gallery. Good, full-resolution samples are one of the most compelling tools when it really comes to dropping your money on a new camera. The more good sample photos we have, the better.

The photo is soooooo good. Even if Mom and her brothers are annoyed, everyone is going to love that photo when the kids are grown up. Nice, pretty smiley pictures are fine. But a photo like this is a pure slice of life that won't ever be replicated. It's real. And you set it up and composed it well. This is one to be proud of.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: I GOT IT!!! Fujifilm S3

Congrats on the new camera.
    I think you could make some little thought balloons for what each of the others in the photo are thinking. She's gonna love having this photo brought on some Easter about 10 years from now.
    ----------------------------

learning member

Angry Re: I GOT IT!!! Fujifilm S3

Dangit! Nobody's paying any attention to you or you're new camera.... Well one of 'em is, but you probabbly look pretty blurry
    Congrats & great post,
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    She's gonna love having this photo brought on some Easter about 10 years from now.
    Absolutely!

Congrads on the S3. Do you have experience with the S2? I've got one and am curious about how the two compare. So far I've only seen one comparison between the two from anyone used to working with the S2.

Cool Re: I GOT IT!!! Fujifilm S3

Quote Originally Posted by CB Photo
    Okay, I got it. I went the extra mile...or two (thousand) and got me the Fujifilm S3. I am a NIKON guy but for the money the Fuji is well worth it. Look for many more shots from me soon!

I was taking a couple of shots of the family today after church and this one stood out as the best...sort of.

I think she is GREAT! Her brother and mom get fed up with her but...who cares what they think.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Congratulations on your new camera! And Fujifilm is Nikon compatible all the way.

Also, I agree with you, it's a great photo, and everyone in it will think so in a few years.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thanks all.
    I am very excited to have the camera and can't wait to get into the controls and learn this hand held computer.

Look for more images soon!!

Thread Information