ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

Talking In-house model with new XT...

I am trying to catch up on work since being away, then sick. So I haven't had time to play with my new camera. Having said that, I got to try out the flash tonight with Molly - not-so-willing.

I may force myself to take an hour outside tomorrow.

Liz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails In-house models with new XT...-molly1.jpg  

Talking Classic Cat Photograph Liz!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I am trying to catch up on work since being away, then sick. So I haven't had time to play with my new camera. Having said that, I got to try out the flash tonight with Molly - not-so-willing.

I may force myself to take an hour outside tomorrow.

Liz
    This is the true nature of a cat! She's bored with you, couldn't care less what you are doing or how enthused you are about it.

Typical cat attitude.
    "Want to pet me?"
    "Walk over here!"

Classic shot, and I'm not dissing your cat. All cats tend to be like this.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Re: In-house models with new XT...

Liz I am glad you are feeling better. Hope you get to spend some time enjoying your camera this weekend.

I have to aggree with Speed that a purfect example of a cats attitude. I think I've got a similar look from my best friends cat on occasion.
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

Re: In-house model with new XT...

Looks good Liz, you must have gotten that softness thing fixed.
    ----------------------------

Liz

Re: Classic Cat Photograph Liz!

Thanks Speed. Never any offense taken! Besides Molly deserves a little "dissing" now and then.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    This is the true nature of a cat! She's bored with you, couldn't care less what you are doing or how enthused you are about it.

Typical cat attitude.
    "Want to pet me?"
    "Walk over here!"

Classic shot, and I'm not dissing your cat. All cats tend to be like this.

Liz

Stina,

Thanks - my XT partner! How are you doing with the camera? I'm hoping that I can start learning how to use it this weekend. My images are still soft, but there are a lot of reasons this could be. I'm convinced it's me and not the camera. It's not meant to be used as a P&S right out of the box.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Stina
    Liz I am glad you are feeling better. Hope you get to spend some time enjoying your camera this weekend.

I have to aggree with Speed that a purfect example of a cats attitude. I think I've got a similar look from my best friends cat on occasion.

Liz

Re: In-house model with new XT...

Thanks Chunk,

Yes, this one looks a little better. However, I haven't had the time to learn anything about the camera, or even use it except for a few minutes now and then. Like I said to Stina, the softness, etc. is me and not the camera. I'm very happy I got it - and am anxious to learn how to use it. It is similar to the Rebel 300D so I shouldn't have much trouble.

Thanks for the comments.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    Looks good Liz, you must have gotten that softness thing fixed.

Liz since I never had a first generation Rebel I can't compare but my images tend to need a bit of sharping too. I had to sharpen all the sports photos I took, the photos from the wedding I didn't sharpen I think the softer look works for them. I am photographing my cousins wedding this weekend so the XT sould get a good workout.
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Don't Forget.....

I hope you are better now Liz!
    Don't forget to do a camera family portrait too!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Liz

Talking Re: In-house model with new XT...

Hi Penny,

Thank you for your nice comments. Yes, Molly is getting big. She is slim - Jeremy is Mr. Fatboy. Molly is bigger and weighs 2 lbs. less. Jeremy is all stomach.

I'm going to miss you not being in NY - but hopefully I'll learn more about the camera so I get some decent shots.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Liz:

Cute shots! I can't get over how big Molly is -- I still remember her as a baby.

I know you are anxious to learn more about your new camera but, it looks to me like you're doing a good job with it right now.

I hope you will get more time to experiment and post more shots from your new XT soon.

My Best to You,
    Penny

Liz

I'm glad you're happy with the camera, and I am too. I had seen your photos previously and enjoyed viewing them. Sports is challenging with all the movement. You need the right lens, too. You did an excellent job. I was impressed with your wedding pics too. I think most shots with a DSLR need sharpening + (and this is my weakness - don't like sitting at the computer).

Good luck with your cousins wedding. I hope you have fun while you're working too!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Stina
    Liz since I never had a first generation Rebel I can't compare but my images tend to need a bit of sharping too. I had to sharpen all the sports photos I took, the photos from the wedding I didn't sharpen I think the softer look works for them. I am photographing my cousins wedding this weekend so the XT sould get a good workout.

Liz

Re: Don't Forget.....

Hi Brian!

I haven't forgotten. I guess I'll get my gear together this weekend at some point - guess I'll have to use the Panasonic ZMC-FZ3 to shoot with. Poor orphan! It's a nice little camera though.

Thanks for the reminder.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    I hope you are better now Liz!
    Don't forget to do a camera family portrait too!
    Brian

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Hey Liz, how goes everything in Patreson. I haven't been there in a lonnnng time. I'll be in the city April 22-25 with my family. My son's high school Jazz band is playing at Lincoln Center on Friday and his concert band is playing Carnegie Hall on Sunday. love the shot of the kitty, My first posting with my D70 was of my daughter's kitten. The latest is on Photo Critique under Just Putzin Around. I look forward to seeing some more of the your stuff with the new toy.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

Liz

Cool Carnegal Hall - Congratulations!

Everything is good in Paterson. But nevermind Paterson. What about
    Carnegie Hall! Congratulations! That's great. My previous secretary who had to go back to college had this privilege a few weeks ago - she played in Carnegie Hall.

That's wonderful. You should feel like a proud papa.

Thanks for the nice comments. I'm looking forward to playing with my XT - and posting more. I'm glad you're enjoying the D70 - that's one great camera.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by MJS
    Hey Liz, how goes everything in Patreson. I haven't been there in a lonnnng time. I'll be in the city April 22-25 with my family. My son's high school Jazz band is playing at Lincoln Center on Friday and his concert band is playing Carnegie Hall on Sunday. love the shot of the kitty, My first posting with my D70 was of my daughter's kitten. The latest is on Photo Critique under Just Putzin Around. I look forward to seeing some more of the your stuff with the new toy.

Re: Carnegal Hall - Congratulations!

Liz,

Wonderful pic. Glad your enjoying your new toy to the fullest and having some fun with it. Glad your feeling better too!

Great shot,

Jared

Liz

Thank you!

Thanks for the comments. For a change the weather is going to be beautiful this weekend. So hopefully I'll have more images soon.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    Liz,

Wonderful pic. Glad your enjoying your new toy to the fullest and having some fun with it. Glad your feeling better too!

Great shot,

Jared

Thread Information