ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

Cool XT - exchanging black for silver

I'm going against the tide here. ;)

UPS brought the Rebel XT in black and it's a great camera. However for some reason I don't like the feel of whatever the black coating is. It feels like a Sigma lens - which is the only thing I don't like about the Sigma lenses as great as they are. (Yes, I had 2 Sigma lenses).

At any rate, I'll get the silver XT Tuesday - I ordered it before I shipped the black one back - they ran out of black ones in less than 2 days and I don't want to take the chance of not being able to get one.

Liz

Re: XT - exchanging black for silver

It does have a bit of a weird feel to it doesn't it. I enjoyed using mine last night but for some reason my work computer won't find my flash drive so I can't post any photos yet. I think it has something to do with our network.
    If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

Liz

More questions........

I'm sorry your computer doesn't work. I hope the pictures look good!

Someone just told me they saw the silver ones at Best Buy - and they feel grainy too. How could silver feel grainy and shine at the same time. Now I don't know what to do - guess I'll check them out at BB before I return it.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Stina
    It does have a bit of a weird feel to it doesn't it. I enjoyed using mine last night but for some reason my work computer won't find my flash drive so I can't post any photos yet. I think it has something to do with our network.

Post A Review!

Liz-
    When you've had the silver camera for a few days and had a chance to shoot a bit with it, please post a review. I know it will be a little early, but it will be good to have something posted. And you can post a more complete, replacement review later.

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT Reviews >>

I think that rough surface is the same they used on the Canon EOS Elan 7N and 7NE. It definitely feels different than the older SLRs. But I think you're likely to get used to it and appreciate it. And I think it's more friendly than the Sigma lens surface.

Congratulations on the new camera. I'm excited for you.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Talking I checked out the silver......

Probably no one agrees with me, but I like the silver better. It's not as grainy as the black - and the black grip on the left is a different texture (more grainy) - so I feel more secure holding it. I'm used to my silver Rebel 300D and I love that camera. So, all around, I like silver better.

Best Buy in NJ is charging $999 for body only and they only have silver. They said they only buy one color! Wow!

Review - I promise at least a partial review hopefully by the end of next week. I should get the camera on Tuesday as they are shipping it Monday. I ship ground and it gets here overnight without paying the cost - it's just across the river. I'm going to work real hard so I can take a full day and go out playing with it either Wed or Thurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Liz-
    When you've had the silver camera for a few days and had a chance to shoot a bit with it, please post a review. I know it will be a little early, but it will be good to have something posted. And you can post a more complete, replacement review later.

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT Reviews >>

I think that rough surface is the same they used on the Canon EOS Elan 7N and 7NE. It definitely feels different than the older SLRs. But I think you're likely to get used to it and appreciate it. And I think it's more friendly than the Sigma lens surface.

Congratulations on the new camera. I'm excited for you.

Re: XT - exchanging black for silver

Quote Originally Posted by Stina
    I had such a problem twice with my studio computer. The connection was loose inside the case. The second time a program somhow switched my USBs off and I just went into bios and turned them back on.
    Jupiter,
    god of olympus

Thread Information