ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A happy boy--- a long story with pics

Well God was extra-ordinarily(think the king and I) good to us today....
    My youngest son, Caleb, 3---has been wanting to be a "monster" for oh about two weeks now, yesterday he comes home and says he wants to be blue from Blue's Clue's(a dog)...so I go to look for this costume sold out EVERYWHERE....one girl (idiot) says "good Luck" those are "so five years ago" )apparently kids costume are couture??? because I guess they have a shelf life(idiot) anyway....Nothing I buy a bee costume and I think to myself---this is a three year old he'll just be glad to dress up. WRONG!

we wake up and I'm really boost him up...with "i'm so excited we get to dress up today for school---yeah---woohoo" He says "yay mommy I'm so excited" he's jumping and clapping...and I pullout the costume and he stops right in his tracks and says...."Mommy THAT is NOT Blue's Clues" "I'm sorry mommy I don't want it"---crawls on the couch with his blankie and his eyes water up. Me I decide to be a jerk parent and say "oh come on Caleb just try it on" --he starts this silent crocodile tear crying...so I think plan B(at 7am)...I'll call my friend she has extra dress up stuff...she did have a king outfit with a crown---i pick it up the crown is papaer and mangled(all the jewels a have fallen off...)

I get in the car and start crying because I feel deafeated and my poor baby's heart is broken...so I pray for little bit and try to make the best of it and go to CVS to see if I can find a nice crown and cape so he can at least be a good looking spiffy king. I realize I'm ungreatful for not being happy my friend had an alternative...still sniffling I approach the Halloween section....

I get closer and I see costumes...I look thru the one side nothing...the other side nothing...then I see smack dab in the middle something BLUE....

Low and behold a single lonely Blue's Clue's costume IN MY CALEB'S size....I started crying again---just got overwhelmed....and order was restored to the universe.

the moral of the story...be thankful, have faith, pray often

P.S. he was the ONLY blue in his class and as I write this he is taking a nap with his costume(mask and all) I love being a mom

(oh yeah the girl had to be like brother and get dressed up too)

;)
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Ghost

Re: A happy boy--- a long story with pics

Oh my gosh. That is the saddest and happiest story I've read in a while. Thanks fot sharing. I could really visualize poor Mom and Son sobbing.

Awww Natalie, you're such a sweet and caring Mommy! This story brings back memories!
    Lara

Trevor and Lara
    Thanks for reading my Hallmark movie moment story---lol

It was the worst and best day today...he's still in it---with the mask close by

I have a feeling we may have to peelit off by the time he's 18...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thread Information