ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Re: Greg McCary in serious accident

Keep us up to date Nora.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

More good news!! Greg's dr is going to try and extubate(take off the vent) tomorrow if Greg continues to handle being weaned during the night. YES!!! If he can't take it, then the vent stays and he'll have a trach. The chest tubes helped. One was taken out today and the next one will be tomorrow. I am sooo excited he may be off the vent. His oxygen rates have improved! He is still unconscious due to the heavy sedation but he is also being weaned slowly off that.

Tyson, I apologize, I work 12hr shifts at night, I had to take Anna our daughter out of pre-school after Greg had his accident as she was enrolled in a private school, so when I get off work I care for her and I've been working overtime 6 days a week (that's 72hrs when you work 12hr shifts like I do). I think I counted my posts and they are at 15, starting with the
    1st of Feb when he fell. I don't think I can post anymore than I already do. Greg is in Atlanta so when I visit I drive an hour and a half one way. I've only been able to visit 3 times due to my schedule and Anna. (I've actually made 4 trips but on one trip the traffic was so bad and raining horribly even though I was 3/4 of the way there I turned around and went home to Anna.)I am scared to miss work. It is hard. But I have talked to his drs and to his nurses several times a day. (Heck, I'm up most of the night and day, anyway,LOL) But many times I post late at night after I'm at work to give all of you the full info of the day. I hope you understand. Greg's parents are staying at the hospital and one or both of them are there all the time. Hopefully with the good progress of today it won't be long and Greg will be out of intensive care (we are only allowed 15min of time during visitations). I can't wait to take Anna to see her Daddy and for him to be conscious and aware!! I won't take her while he is in ICU.

You and everyone else have been so good to Greg, to me and all Greg's family to remember us all in your prayers and hearts. You have helped keep me going more than you realize.
    ALSO: I found out tonight that Greg may have the the second surgery to stabilize the back fracture in his neck. It is not scheduled yet, but the tentative date is for Wed. The concern there is he HAS to be still because he will be wearing a halo to keep his neck and head stable after the surgery. So a lot will be hinging on how tomorrow goes w Greg.
    Keep praying everyone. Have a good night! Nora

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Thanks Nora that's great news. Just post what you can don't over do it yourself. Shootme
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Oh My goodness! I've been gone for weeks and had no idea this had happened, I just got caught up this morning. I wanted to jump on the pile of hopers, prayers, and well wishers. McCary Family - Don't give up, have courage, hope and faith. Greg, buddy, you're already a miracle.

You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Cindy
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Liz

Nora,

Wow! Thank you for all the good news. It sounds like Greg is making great progress now. AND - You are incredible! I don't know how you manage to do all that you're doing, along with the stress that goes with an emotional trauma. Please try to take care of yourself too! We're here for you - and we will continue to support you by our thoughts, our prayers - and anything else we can do for you!

Liz

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Keep on keeping on McCary family!
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

drg

Nora,

Take care of yourself too in this trying time! Remember to eat and rest as much as you can. Greg needs all the strength you can muster.

We'll all keep thinking of you and continue to send good vibes your way.

Thanks for the updates whenever you find a moment.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

((((((((((((((Nora))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((Greg)))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((McCrary Family )))))))))

Hugs for all of you! I'm so thankful for the good news!!

Nora, you must be Super-woman. I hope you can soon get some deserved rest.

I'm praying especially for your sustained strength and health today, and thanking the Lord for Greg's continued improvement, and praying that Anna will be as content as possible even though for now she can't see her Daddy.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Thank you Paula, Liz, shootme, and EVERYONE!
    This is the latest:
    I won't know if Greg is having surgery until after 8 in the am. It is called a "special surgery"
    and that schedule isn't available until then. He is not scheduled for regular OR surgery like I thought. Attaching the halo to his head is the surgery tentatively scheduled for tomorow.
    This will stabilize his head and neck and allow his fx to heal. I got my wires crossed yesterday, I believed the halo was an apparatus for support. Instead it will take the place of more invasive surgery. This is a relief. I was told he would have to wear the halo for months, but he can eat, walk about, etc and not have to stay in ICU that entire time.

(His nurse also told me that she had seen similar patients with Greg's exact fx in the neck and they were paralyzed) I am just amazed. Greg is not! In fact, he won't be still. LOL. Another reason for the choice of the halo.

Greg is doing well with the weaning off the vent. He is on C-Pap settings on the vent which is just the final step before taking him off. :thumbsup:

Greg has a temp of 101.7 and so too does our little Anna of 101. (she has ear infections in both ears). I won't be able to go tomorrow. I am not 100 percent sure they will put the halo on tomorrow due to his temp. (more rounds of cultures), that will depend on his dr and how Greg is in the am. His nurse did tell me if it is done it will be in the afternoon. But I am not worried at all about his procedure, it has at times been performed at the hospital bedside. I feel that the worst is behind Greg and it is time for some blue sky days ahead.

Again, God bless you all and have a starry, starry night. Nora

Wow, just noticed this thread... with school im not able to come on much.
    Hopefully you get well soon Greg, your a great photographer, and many of your photos have inspired me keep your stick on the ice Greg! My thoughts go out to you!
    Canon EOS 30D | EF 70-200mm f/4L | EF 85mm f/1.8 | EF 50mm f/1.8 | Sigma 10-20mm f/4 EX | Strobist gear galore

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Nora, God puts angels on earth for some of us and it is obvious to me that you are The Angel for Greg and Anna and the whole family.
    God bless you!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

The news seems to be more encouraging each day Nora. At this point it seems like baby steps to get the desired destination of restored health, but soon progress will start to happen in leaps and bounds. Keep the faith and remember that Greg's PR buddies are pulling for him day and night.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

This is great news, Nora. Really hope everything goes as planned today. Sorry to hear about your daughter. (Feel better, Anna!)

Stay strong. You've done a remarkable job thus far. Greg is heading in the right direction; he will pull through this and all will be fine again - and sooner than it may now seem.

And thanks, as always, for the updates.

Thanks for those updates Nora !
    I think Ruffus sez it best for us all, thanks to Jim (EOSThree). :thumbsup:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greg McCary in serious accident-ruffus.jpg  
    Randy, Gear - 3 in the green, with a T2i and some lenses !

OH, Rivman and EOS, What a perfect image to put a smile on Greg's face when he reads this!!

Frog...you have NO idea how NOT an angel Greg thinks I am. LOL. LOL. (honesty makes me tell you that my own dear mother tells that I was the meanest of all five of her children while we were growing up.. ), but thank you for your kind words.....

Still no word if Greg will get his own halo (speaking of angels..) today.I have a feeling this halo won't be conjuring up any angelic or heavenly thoughts for Greg. But his heavenly Father is with him and that is what counts. Greg's temp is gone! As of yet, Greg's neurosurgeon hasn't let anyone know if he will do the procedure today.

Funny how some people confuse meanness with strength and determination.:smile5:

I think Frog had it right. You're Greg's angel Nora, no doubt about it. Thank you for not only taking care of him, but finding the strength to keep us updated as well.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Started praying early today about Greg's surgery......

Thanks, Lord!!!!

Liz

Nora,

I'm glad Greg is doing better and better. BTW, I'm a nurse and have taken care of people who have worn a "halo" - and no, it is not very comfortable. However, it is worth every minute of wearing it considering the good it does - and it is MUCH better than being paralyzed. And the best part is - it's TEMPORARY! Thankfully.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Nora, as is Greg and Anna, of course. God bless you for all that you're doing.

We love you, Nora!

Liz

Hi Liz and everyone,

Greg's halo will be put on tomorrow at 8am!! Greg is getting stronger and stronger, next
    step, off the vent......

Bless you all many times over, Nora.

That's terrific news! Many positive vibes coming Greg's way for tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Medley
    Funny how some people confuse meanness with strength and determination.:smile5:

I think Frog had it right. You're Greg's angel Nora, no doubt about it. Thank you for not only taking care of him, but finding the strength to keep us updated as well.

- Joe U.

YEAH -- What Joe said!

I believe that God has a great sense of humor.

I find it kind of funny that God gave you a halo, but put it on Greg's head cause He knows you are really busy right now and that you don't need anything else to add weight to the heavy load you are already carrying
    ...and besides, with a view of it on Greg's head, it saves you a few minutes in front of the mirror! :thumbsup:

On a more serious note -- I absolutely do agree with what Joe said. My sister was/is a very strong person and was perceived as "mean" by my parents -- thankfully, they did not vocalize that to her -- but she knew.
    But, in their defense, many in their generation did not have great communication skills with their children.

The truth is that my sister is one of the most tender-hearted and caring people I know.

And, besides, even if you were just plain ole mean as a child -- you sure outgrew it. Your efforts and devotion and concern for Greg and those that care about him is simply incredible.

And another serious note -- Truly, I don't take Greg's halo lightly -- this is serious business -- but, comparatively speaking, this looks like fantastic news and I'm sure is as a result of our prayers on his behalf.
    God is most willing, but is at liberty to do way more with an invitation!

I checked back this evening for a possible update. There's not one -- and I hope that's because all went well today and that you and Anna are peacefully sleeping.

Post as you are comfortable with, and know you PR friends are still praying and hoping for continued improvement.

Edit: I see you are not sleeping. GO TO BED, GIRL...

Love and big hugs of support for you Nora.
    So happy and relieved to hear of Gregs progress.

Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

I am so sorry to hear about Gregs unfortunate accident. I have just come to see this thread now as I my time on pr has been very limited lately.

Greg has come to have many friends here on Photographyreview as well as earning the respect of many members and peers here.

We are glad to know he has the support at home of friends and family as well as astrong and devoted wife. Thank you Nora for all your updates and continued communications. The situation seems to be turning for the better with a strong light ahead at the end of the tunnel.
    He is in my thoughts and both he and you have my sincere best wishes.

I'll be staying tuned to this. . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Hang In There you two!
    :thumbsup:
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Hi, my server has been down all morning so just now getting to post. Greg's halo is on
    and he is doing well. His dr put it on at his bedside in ICU. No complications. I talked to Greg's nurse and she told me Greg is resting. They are not going to be doing any adjustments to his vent settings today, they want him to rest due to the halo procedure.

One more step forward.:thumbsup:

Hugs to all of you good folks here at PR. Nora

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information