ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Re: Greg McCary in serious accident

YOU ALL ARE SO AWESOME...I will never forget your kindness. Never.
    I told Zach I think it was his Olympus. I don't have it. Greg's boss has it , he was going to try and get it fixed. I would trust it more in the hands of you guys bc you know cameras and he doesn't. Smile. Tyson, thank you, Aaron, thank you, Liz, I can't list you all bc there are so many. I am overwhelmed at your responses, encouragement and concerns. All of you..... heartfelt thanks many times over!

Greg is still on target for his type of injury. He is still on the vent, his lungs really took a beating in the fall. (It was more like a 3 story fall instead of 25 feet like I was originally told) it was approx 35 to 40 feet. As soon as his lungs are strong enough to get his oxygen rate up to par then the surgery will be scheduled for the back part of his neck. He is scheduled for a trach in the next few days. It is common to use a trach for pts on a ventilator for an extended length of time. The trach allows for the vent tubing to be inserted in the lower part of the throat and bypasses vocal chords that are fragile and more prone to injury from the vent. His temp and pnuemonia are gone... All of his vitals are good. His body is also starting to get rid of a lot of swelling that had me concerned. All Greg's vital organs are good, he isn't on any type of "pressins" for bp issues and heart rate issues. No internal bleeding. I do believe his drs when they say he is expected to recover. He is still in "critical condition" and in intensive care. But he will get better. He will, he will, he will.

Bye for now....Nora

Very, very encouraging news Nora. I know it is a long up hill struggle for Greg and for you. But you have to have faith in what your doctors are telling you and be encouraged by all the positive signs that Greg is expediting. Don't think for a minute that you and Greg are alone in this struggle. You have a huge PR family that is thinking of you every moment and praying for Greg's full recovery and for strength for you to endure the long hours and days that you have to get through. Keep up you spirits and call on us when you need to. Most of us are many miles away but our hearts and minds are at your side.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

That's all good news! He is beginning to heal. It will take time, but it's great to hear the Drs. say he'll make it back to 100%. Let us know when his next procedure is scheduled.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

I am so glad to hear the good news and am with you both on the path to recovery. Thank you for keeping us informed. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

This is sounding better! Thankyou for the update, Nora.
    How are his spirits holding up? And how are yours, too?
    This must be very rough on you so I always remember you in my thoughts and prayers, too.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Great news!

I was thinking about him while I was sitting on a bridge today while out shooting. Glad things are getting better.
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

This is very encouraging news Nora, and thank you for continuing to keep us updated. I also hope that you are holding up OK under the weight of all of this, and you guys will both continue to remain in our thoughts daily.

and a very special thank you for all your prayers!! Greg also has 2 sons from his first
    marriage, Kevin and Chris. They are 21 and 17 years of age. His first wife, Angela is also very upset and saddened and of course his parents. Please remember them too.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by KyRain
    and a very special thank you for all your prayers!! Greg also has 2 sons from his first
    marriage, Kevin and Chris. They are 21 and 17 years of age. His first wife, Angela is also very upset and saddened and of course his parents. Please remember them too.
    Nora,

Thanks so much sharing such good news with us. Although there is a long way to go, his progress is amazing for all that he has been through.

Has Greg been conscious long enough - with all the medications and complications - for you to be able to communicate with him? When he gets the trach it will be much more comfortable for him and easier to communicate.

You can rest assured that Kevin and Chris and Angela will be remembered in our thoughts and especially our prayers.

I hope you're able to get some rest, Nora. We look forward to your updates, and as Larry (Old Timer) said, you have a large extended family here at PR that will continue to pray and support you through it all. :thumbsup:

Liz

Yeah, Good News!!

It seems to me that to have even survived a fall like that in the first place and then to be in as good a shape as he is, relatively speaking, of course, is simply a miracle. There is surely a reason for all that...

Still praying for Greg and you and all those that care for him. It says much about you in that you are concerned for the well-being of his ex-wife.

I risk getting too personal here and I surely don't know what is best for the two of you, but my prayers include that you and Greg will resolve your marriage issues in a way that is best for all. Please forgive me if I am too personal here, but I am a firm believer in the power of God to change things, and I do care.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyRain
    All of his vitals are good. His body is also starting to get rid of a lot of swelling that had me concerned. All Greg's vital organs are good, he isn't on any type of "pressins" for bp issues and heart rate issues. No internal bleeding.
    That is all very good news, Nora.
    And how are you doing ?
    It's hard watching and waiting for the body to heal, isn't it?
    But the body can heal itself in ways the doctors can get close to doing with technology.
    the best thing is for them to help him heal himself where he can, to the point they can finish the surgery.
    And that sounds like it's going well.

Been through this myself (a little) with a 1 day old baby going through heart surgery.
    So I know it's rough, but there will be an end to it.

Keep your chin up !
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Great news Nora, so glad to hear Greg is starting out on the road to recovery. For sure he is going to get better, you wait and see, in no time he'll be back out there and back on here where he is sorely missed.
    My thoughts are with him, you and all his family.
    Keep your sense of proportion by regularly, preferably daily, visiting the natural world.

I've been following the updates and am pleased to hear that Greg's condition is improving steadily. He has an impressive group of well-wishers and dedicated friends here which is quite wonderful to see.

Taking my lead from Shebang, here's another little get-well gift for Greg. He's soft, cuddly, and quite loveable - just ask my daughter

Name:  Monkey-Hearts_MG_5747.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  21.3 KB

Alright!!!

Go Greg!

Continued thoughts and prayers, Nora. Thanks for the update!

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

That's great Nora, thinking of you all. Shootme
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Latest News: Greg had a CAT scan done today to check his lungs. The dr's were
    concerned w his latest chest xrays and discovered he has pleural effusion (fluid in the spaces between his lung membranes and chest cavity). They inserted chest tubes in both lungs to drain the fluid so hopefully that will speed along his progress. Greg seems to have an excellent team of doctors and Atlanta Medical specializes in spinal injuries (the reason he was flown there instead of to the trauma center in our hometown).

Also, I thought that Greg lost his balance and fell off the land (edge of a cliff) right beside the bridge but I have recently found out that he was actually standing on a bridge girder right at the start of the bridge. The bridge is falling apart in areas. Greg's co-workers went to the actual bridge site (Milam Bridge in Cartersville, Ga, another correction, I thought he went back to Hardin Bridge another favorite of his). I'll be glad when Mr. Greg can just tell all of you himself what actually happened.....

Have a starry night. Nora

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Thankyou again for the update, Nora.
    Both of you and your families are still in my thoughts and prayers.

I'm also sure Greg would get a better photo than this http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3123/...63294687_m.jpg which I found in google images.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Dear Nora,
    I am so happy to be hearing good news about Greg. Every little step forward is now a giant step on his road to recovery. I'm looking forward to seeing this good man back amongst us here.

Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

GB1

Thanks too, Nora, for the update. It sounds like the team of doctors are right on top of it, a good thing, and that he's making measured progress.

I guess sometimes we do stuff for photos that we probably should not... the perils of photography .. I know I do, too.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

I know this is a slow process with seemingly a lot of setbacks along the way, but just stay focused on the good, and we will continue to send our prayers and hopes in support of you and Greg.

As I myself look for the good here, I think of one of your recent posts and how you expressed the impact the kindnesses of so many have had upon you. In this world, it's sometime easy to forget that there are many people who truly do care.

I think also of the fine medical facilities that are available to you and the great doctors and nurses it seems Greg has been blessed with.

I was amazed that help came in time -- and even more amazed when I saw the internet photo from Frog which I am assuming was the scene of the accident.

There's already been much good, and I'm sure there's more to come.

[S]He shall call upon Me [God], and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. Psalms 91:15

Hang in there.

Your editing is welcomed. A picture is worth...

All can look. Few will see. Less will know.

The Truth can be anything it will. I just want to know Truth.

I am continuing to think about you all. I am glad that he has such a wonderful team of doctors.

Hang in there, Nora.

Hello again. Greg's drs are trying to wean him from the vent and off the heavy sedation. Much now depends on Greg and how he can handle this. If all goes well he won't need a trach. If the weaning doesn't progress he will. When his lungs are strong enough then his neurosurgeon can finish the neck surgery. That's the plan and Greg's the man....

Take care everyone and be safe, Nora

Nora thank you for the updates, glad Greg is improving!
    Jimmy B

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Yes thanks Nora for keeping us all informed, so glad things are looking up. Cheers Shootme
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Thank you so much for keep everyone in the loop Nora!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread Information