ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liz

Re: Morning to Lunch.

Those pictures...........all of them are awesome. BTW, is this near where you live? Wow!

You really got the best of those 20 seconds!

Liz

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: The Fall 24 Hours! Saturday October 7th

Thanks!

The lake shots were all at Mono Lake, CA. The town shots were from a ghost town called Bodie, which is about 1/2 (to the turnoff) hour away from Mono. Its about a 4-5 hour drive from San Jose, which is where I live.

I'll get more posted up from that afternoon/evening when I get home from work. Including a few I took with a $22,000 camera (no exaggerating on the price, either!)
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

whoops forgot to post up my pictures from the day. guess forgetting heppens when your with your entire extended family for the first time in a few years, and its your sisters wedding, and on the way home the limo stops at 7-11 to buy 40's :-)
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan8i
    whoops forgot to post up my pictures from the day. guess forgetting heppens when your with your entire extended family for the first time in a few years, and its your sisters wedding, and on the way home the limo stops at 7-11 to buy 40's :-)
    It's not too late!!!!!!!! You just have to do the shooting on that day.....post them anytime. I hope you will!

liz

alot of amazing photos were taken on the 7th ... i had hoped to get out and do more but after working the night of the 6th .. i was pretty wore out for the day and spent alot of it in bed and just lounging out...

really liked the ohio st. football pics (GO BADGERS)

amazing how much effort everyone puts into a day like this ... great shots of different scenery and things people had going on that day ...

hopefully next time i can participate more than what i did ...

Re: Afternoon to Dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Post your pictures from the afternoon through and including dinner here by hitting reply to this thread.
    A couple more. These were all taken with the Mamiya 645AFD with a Leaf digital back :23: :cornut: :crazy:

Its nice knowing I can print these at about 13x17 straight out of the camera

The must take photo of Bodie- the car

Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Re: Evening to Midnight.

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Post your evening pictures after dinner until midnight Saturday night here. Sunset pictures will probably go here (unless you eat dinner extraordinarily late )
    My last two for the thread

Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

ok heres the ones i could narrow down to. I took all the photos except for the ones with me in them. On the 7th was my sisters wedding. It was held in Virginia beach, was very informal and was alot of fun. It was the first time i saw a alot of my family in a long while so i wasn't to concentrated on photography at the time. and at the wedding (as you'll see) there were alot of other photographers to.

To start out the day, being on the beach. We went swimming. it was very rough due to teh noreaster that had passed over the day before.

here is one of my cousin.

and one of me. (note the big waves)

after the swim (around 2pm) we started to get ready. Here is a picture of my 2sisters. the bride and the brides maid.

At the cerimony, at the back of the room this is what it looked like.

My cousin's child, 2 years old, flower girl.

Bride and groom

Me during the cerimony

Myself taking photos after before the reception.

First dance

Bride and father (my sister and dad)

then after the recpetion the groom had a white strech hummer pick us up. On the way back to the beach house we stopped to pick up some beverages at the local 7-11, cause thats how we roll :-)

My cousin, and her boyfriend gettign back in the limo.

and here i am at the beach house, alittle tanked, but playing edward 40 hands.

so that was my day.

edit - oh yeah, i was the only one shooting film, so most of my cerimony pictures are on the rolls of film i haven't gotten developed yet.
    check out my photography website
    http://dylanschneider.zenfolio.com/

Please feel free to edit or change any of my pictures to show me how to improve them.

Nikon D200
    Nikon D7000 w/grip
    Nikkor AF-S 18-135
    Nikkor AF-S 60mm macro 2.8
    Nikon 70-200 2.8 vr
    Nikon tc-17eII
    Kenoko extension tube set
    SB-600

I really like these, especially the first two. All four are really nice shots but I think the mechanical aspect of the first two, rather than the wood of the last two grabs my attention.
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Whoops - sorry, Rick! Didn't see this notice until after-the-fact. Guess there is more to photography than bugs, birds, and beasts

Although I don't get into the city much, I did snap this on Saturday. A gallery downtown just started exhibiting/selling some of my work and I took the opportunity to take my family to this district.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-short-north-1.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Jorge,

I have been wanting to go to Bodie for a long time now. These images make me want to pack my bags and head west!
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by Loupey
    Although I don't get into the city much, I did snap this on Saturday. A gallery downtown just started exhibiting/selling some of my work and I took the opportunity to take my family to this district.
    I love the murals in the Short North, Loupey. Which gallery is showing your work? I'd love to go check it out!
    tony

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    Jorge,

I have been wanting to go to Bodie for a long time now. These images make me want to pack my bags and head west!
    Make sure you pack clothes for warm & cold weather. One one side of the pass, it was sunny, 80 degrees, and perfect. On the Bodie side, it was 40 degrees, cloudy, and we had just gotten some snow

That whole area is beautiful. I've been up there 3 times in the past year, and love everytime I go up.

That area might be good for a Western photo get-together....
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tony868
    I love the murals in the Short North, Loupey. Which gallery is showing your work? I'd love to go check it out!
    Ah, I thought you might recognize it being a Buckeye fan and all (FWIW, I believe you grew up in the same town that I did - probably went to the same HS too - small world, eh?).

The place: Wells Landing and Gary's Gallery (there's a link to it in my website). It's the first set of galleries north of the convention center and the southern most (starting point) for the monthly Gallery Hop event. Perhaps I'll see you down there sometime
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Got a few rolls of slides back yesterday. 2 more of the falls. The second one was taken just after sunset. Of course, the slides look better

Nikon FM2N & 50mm 1.8 on a tripod. Note the cars in the upper right of the last one for perspective.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-falls-2.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-falls-face.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Re: Evening to Midnight.

I drove from the falls a few miles north to Wupatki Nat'l Monument and started shooting the ruins under the full moon. This is the only night shot I've gotten back so far, the others are still in the camera. I overexposed this one pretty badly. And please forgive the horrendous cloning job

3 minutes I believe at f2 on Velvia 100. More night shots to come when I finish my next roll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-wupatki-1.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

County Fair Parade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-img_0069.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-img_0100.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-img_0114.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-img_0156.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-img_0298.jpg  

If every morning when you wake your goal is to straighten out people, you probably should be a funeral director. - Charles Lowery

I think everyone has had a chance to view the Fall 24 Hours. Thanks to everyone who participated! It was a great success. I'm sorry so many of you missed the "warning" threads. I'll try to give more advance notice next time so we all can play

I do have a few more to stick in here, but I'll put them in later. I'm unstickying this to make room for progress. We'll vote on when to do it again this winter sometime after the New Year.

Thanks to all who participated!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Okay, I finally got my last shots back!

As you know, I went to Wupatki National Monument that night of the 7th and shot under the full moon. I think the rest of these came out pretty well!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-citadell-side.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-citadell.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-wupatki-night1.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

Wow, these are sweet! What kind of settings did you use? And film?
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

Thanks Troy! I used my Nikon Fm2N and Sigma 24mm 2.8 wide open for 15 minutes on Velvia 50
    Walter Rick Long

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information