ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Afternoon to Dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Post your evening pictures after dinner until midnight Saturday night here. Sunset pictures will probably go here (unless you eat dinner extraordinarily late )
    Fall colors on Saturday in Columbus, Ohio...

Some landmarks on campus.

University Hall

Ohio Stadium
    tony

Re: Evening to Midnight.

Post your pictures from the afternoon through and including dinner here by hitting reply to this thread.
    We stopped and watched the cheerleaders warm up for the crowd...

Brutus

My son was really excited to see Brutus and gave him a high five but refused to get his picture taken with him. He went right up to the cute, blonde cheerleader, though!
    tony

Post your pictures from the afternoon through and including dinner here by hitting reply to this thread.
    We finally made it to Skull Session. This is a pep rally/concert with the marching band that is held in the old basketball arena before every home football game. This is a must see event if you ever make it to an OSU football game! Get there early, though, because the stadium fills up fast. I'm a marching band alum so this is always my favorite part of football Saturdays!

The crowd in St. John Arena.

The football team makes an appearance and Coach Tressell fires up the crowd.

After Skull Session the marching band lines up and marches across the street to the stadium for the game.

Me and Brandon after a long afternoon.
    tony

Post your evening pictures after dinner until midnight Saturday night here. Sunset pictures will probably go here (unless you eat dinner extraordinarily late )
    After the game and a nap we went outside and enjoyed the nice weather.

I think Brandon had enough of me taking pictures for the day!
    tony

Re: The Fall 24 Hours! Saturday October 7th

haha, i love the look on brandons face...priceless!

as for my pictures....i worked 1130-9 and forgot my camera, i then proceded to my fathers....yet again without a camera
    Brian O' Canon

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

After my morning hike I layed around for a while, just taking it easy. I was planning on making a road trip, just didn't know where yet It was up between Grand Falls near Flagstaff and Mission San Xavier in Tucson. I had ventured to Grand Falls last spring only to find it dry. This week Phoenix had a number of storms blow through and on the radar I watched severe storms blow right over the Grand Falls area, so I knew I had a chance at finding water there. The draw of the elusive falls became too great and I decided to make the 3 hour trek up to Flagstaff and over to Grand Falls.

By the way, for those who were around last March, Grand Falls was where I droppped my last digital camera into a canyon

First, the trip up north:
    1) Bikers on the 17
    2&3) Cinder cone volcanoes along the state road leading into the Painted Desert (please excuse the bug guts on the windshield )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-biker.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-cinder-cone-2.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-cinder-cone.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

The turnoff to Grand Falls isn't marked; you have to have an atlas and know where you're going. I goofed up and took the bumpy road back to the falls area. Read: washboards! The washboard roads shook the truck to pieces. I got out at one point to snap some pics of the gravel road and the San Francisco Peaks in the distance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-road-curve.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-rut.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-washboards.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-sanfranciscos.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

I got excited as I drew near the falls and began seeing water along the road. Mud puddles meant rain and rain meant high chance of having water at the falls this time! I splashed through a huge puddle in the road just to have some fun

Finally, the road terminated at the Little Colorado River, full of water, and the roar of waterfalls in the distance promised me I had picked a good time to come.

(ps Nat: I'll have the truck cleaned up by the time you come to get it honey )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-tracks.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-truck1.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

Victory!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-grand-falls1.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

I have some evening to midnight pics to put in here but I have to get the rolls back first
    Walter Rick Long

Hey, everyone did great! I look forward to seeing more from everyone!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Oh, yes and there's always time for a self portrait
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-silhouette.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

One from the morning, and one from the afternoon.

More to come.

The mall in the morning for hair, and church in the afternoon. Ignore those black bars on the first, that would be the wrong resizing action.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-img_0634.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-img_0952.jpg  
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Liz

Re: Morning to Lunch.

These were the first shots of the day - I think it was before noon. I hadn't gotten out of the house yet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-molly-flower-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-jeremy-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-molly-int-veryclose.jpg  

Liz

After lunch........

Instead of going to NYC as I usually do for photo ops, a friend and I went for a ride in NJ.
    Along the way...................................
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-cows-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-paints-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-paints-close-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-horse-int-10-7.jpg  

Liz

Re: After lunch........

A few more......including twin newborn calves - one twin was nursing the whole time. The other twin could barely stand up - he got a little help. Check the eyelashes on the close-up (crop).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-calves-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-calf-gettinghelp-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-calf-int-10-7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-calf-close-int-10-7.jpg  

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Post your morning pictures through and including lunch here.
    Here is another one from my trip. After I get a chance to go through them all on my desktop to check color, I'll be adding more from my trip.

This was taken with the Mamiya 645AFD with the Leaf Digital Back (22 Megapixels!!!) that I got a chance to play with on our trip. That camera (though it costs as much as a car) is AWSOME! This is a comp of two photos- one exposed for the clouds, the other for the car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-2006-10-07-157-600px.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

I'll post mine as soon as I get to the darkroom tomorrow. I'll have to develop and scan tomorrow night...hopefully.

Z
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Well the 7th was a nice day, the only photo was of the black bird on the sunflower, need longer lense, its a croped and resized 300mm lense. Then Sunday moring chasing the three Loose Horses. The one with the blanket ended up being loose a second time, he jumped the two gates to be with the mare and colt. He ended up in a stall. The mare almost had the roof of her shelter on her head, I had to fix it before I could start the project. Unluckily I don't own the property we just board the horses there:-( Then it started to rain. :-(
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-p0.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-p1.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-p2.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-p3.jpg  
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

I took off right after lunch to go to my daughters. Before I left I stopped by for a couple more images from Founders Day and on the three hour trip I snapped a few images along the way. I finished up the day at my youngest who has just set up her first apartment and served her mother and I our first meal at her new home.

#1 Founders Day crowd.
    #2 Young lady with a clogging exhibition.
    #3 Little lady and her mother enjoy the Founders Day entertainment.
    #4 Goddard Covered bridge along the route to my daughters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6054-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6063-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6069-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6084-3-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Along the way to my daughters we passed through coal country. Although we need the energy coal provides I wounder about the methods used to mine it. Once at our daughters she proceeded to fix us our first meal in her new apartment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6116-2-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6117-2-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6089-2-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6095-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Rick I can not believe the quality of images that we have in this thread. They are great. I think at this point even before we have all the post in we have to say that this has been a big success. Way to go every one!!!!

Nikon Samurai #13

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Rick I can not believe the quality of images that we have in this thread. They are great. I think at this point even before we have all the post in we have to say that this has been a big success. Way to go every one!!!!
    I agree OT.....including yours!

This is such great fun! I just love looking at these - and partaking in the fun.......I love NYC - but it was a lot of fun going in the opposite direction yesterday for a change.

Liz

Re: Midnight to Sunrise.

Post your pictures from midnight Saturday morning through and including sunrises here by hitting reply to this thread.
    Here is a couple more from my morning

We had literally 20 seconds of the light this color, then it just turned to normal sunlight, and the Tufa's (sp?) went back to their normal color:
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Post your morning pictures through and including lunch here.
    And this is where I was after the lake until around noon or so. Because of the storm we had the night before, we were treated with some beautiful clouds for the rest of the trip.

Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast