ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

The Fall 24 Hours! Saturday October 7th

The gist of the 24 Hours assigment is to have the members of this board - across the United States and all around the world - photograph their lives in the same 24-hour period. The resulting collection of photographs paints a very interesting cross-section of our photographyREVIEW.com members' lives. The assignment is completely optional. You may choose to participate or to watch.

The assignment:
    Photograph your world from midnight to midnight, 24 hours, Saturday, October 7th

Subjects can be whatever you want them to be. Events, your house, your job, your vacation, still lifes, portraiture, whatever you want to throw into that 24 hours, feel free! The more detail and diversity we have, the greater the project becomes.

We do ask that members do not flood the project with images, but be selective in choosing the images that characterize their world the best. That being said, there is no limit on the number of photos you can post.

You cannot start shooting until 12am, Saturday morning your time. This means that you could start seeing pictures in here as early as Friday evening, as long as it's Saturday in that someone's neck of the woods.

Like last time, we'll have several time slots you can post your pictures in to keep them organized as the thread is viewed. Midnight through sunrise, daybreak through lunch, afternoon through dinner, and evening to midnight. You can post chronologically if you want, or you can just hit reply to the main thread.

If you have any questions or comments, please post here or feel free to pm me.

Good luck! And have fun!
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Midnight to Sunrise.

Post your pictures from midnight Saturday morning through and including sunrises here by hitting reply to this thread.
    Walter Rick Long

Morning to Lunch.

Post your morning pictures through and including lunch here.
    Walter Rick Long

Afternoon to Dinner.

Post your pictures from the afternoon through and including dinner here by hitting reply to this thread.
    Walter Rick Long

Evening to Midnight.

Post your evening pictures after dinner until midnight Saturday night here. Sunset pictures will probably go here (unless you eat dinner extraordinarily late )
    Walter Rick Long

Re: The Fall 24 Hours! Saturday October 7th

i am probably screwing this up ... if so yell at me and move them where ya want ...

i got to spend friday night into sat morning working .. i just got home and going to hit the sack for a while ..

i did manage to grab my phone and snap off a few at work ...

1st one is the 2 guys i got to spend my friday night with during break ...

2nd is part of the shop and the machines we run ....

3rd is 1 of the machines i worked on friday night ...

i am sure everyone else will have better first photos than i did ..... sorry about the quality .. just a camera phone in bad lighting ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-lunch.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-shop.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-246.jpg  

Re: Morning to Lunch.

- yawn -

- stretch -

I slept in

I went around and took some snap shots in the yard to start out my 24 Hours.

It's a another beautiful day in Phoenix, AZ!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-statue.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-flower.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

Hey Wyatt! Thanks for being the first one to post in the new 24 Hours!

Looks like you and the guys had a long night!
    Walter Rick Long

mine wasn't too bad ... not as bad as theirs

wish it was as nice here as it is in AZ !!!! bit chilly here

I have a pretty busy day today, but I wanted to participate in this thread since I had such a great time with it the last time.

I started my day off today by taking a little walk downtown. Our small rural town is having what we call Founders Day. It is highlighted by some of our town dignitaries dressing up as the founders of the community. In addition there are food vendors and booths offering a variety of crafts as well as other goods for sale. I am going out of town the rest of the day so I caught the first hour or so of the downtown event.

#1 The Founding Fathers address the citizens.
    #2 The politicians ore always out.
    #3 Two young men converse in the middle of the street.
    #4 Some Amish men inspect the wares of one of the vendors.
    #5 Young Amish women among the booths. Note the black bonnets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6044-2-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6040-2-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6042-2-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6048-2-640.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6050-2-640.jpg  

Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Just one more. there is always an abundance of fall produce like apples and honey for sale. And before someone says something no we don't grow bananas some things are imported.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dsc_6051-2-640.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Went for a walk in the Phoenix Preserve with the camera phone. Snapped one along the way and one at the top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-hill.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-me-sun.jpg  
    Walter Rick Long

I didn't see this thread until this afternoon so there wasn't much time left for me

It made a nice change not to think about composition and getting rid of bg distractions. My house is ALWAYS a mess!

Anyway, here goes.
    Just the usual from me I'm afraid. My life revolves around my children!

#1 Danielle getting on with her homework
    #2 The babies pester Danielle while she tries to complete her homework.
    #3 Hubby resumes his normal position in front of his computer with a desktop full of pictures of our children (by the way, he wasn't even aware I took this picture. He just assumes the flash is going off because I am taking pics of the kids lol)
    #4 Wesley does his usual thing...jumping from a black box onto a pile of cushions.
    #5 Wesley calls it a day lol

The teenagers were off doing their own thing and the twins were over their Dad's.

And me, well, I'm behind the camera :thumbsup:

Oh yeah we did go to Macdonald's and I saw some stunning landscapes with gorgeous blue skies but didn't take my camera with me.

Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day
    Last edited by Alison; 02-25-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Pretty quiet around here, taking a lazy Saturday so far...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-dscf0569.jpg  

Awww what a GORGEOUS pic Steve!

Sports photo junkie jorgemonkey's Avatar

Re: Midnight to Sunrise.

Here is a quick peek at one of mine. I'll post all the rest when I get back from where I'm at
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-2006-10-07-036.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #21

Cameras:
    D700
    D300
    D200
    D2H

Lenses:
    Nikon 35mm F1.8, 35 F2, 50mm F1.8, 70-200 F2.8 VR
    Sigma 150mm F2.8 Macro
    Tokina 12-24 F4
    SB900 & SB800 flashes

This is one of the first sunset pictures I have ever tried. I took this picture on top of Clock Tower Hill. Lance Armstrong came to our town, the last year he raced, and went over the hills on the far left, Mt. Alto, as part of one of his races here. He also went over the hill I took this picture from. Next, they raced at Brass Town Bald. If you think these hills are steep. I would have had to drag my bike up Brass Town Bald with a four wheel drive. I gained a lot of respect for those cyclist....
    Greg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-sunset21as.jpg  

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Midnight to Sunrise.

I got up early this morning so I could go sit in my treestand and try to get some pics of some deer. This first shot is from the street outside of my house, just before I left for the woods. That is a street light towards the bottom.

Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

I had a doe walk right under my treestand this morning, but it was still way too dark for a photo. She was the only deer I saw this morning. Here is a shot of my treestand. I have also made a small ground blind below the stand.

I found the paper wasp nest the other day. It's not too far from my treestand.

Once I got out of my stand, I took a walk through the woods, and found this chipmunck. Looks like he's stocking up for the winter.

After I left the woods, I went to my nephews football game.

After the football game, I headed towards the Mississippi River. Here are a few shots I took along the way.

A cow in a pasture.

A farmer raking hay.

A bunch of scarecrows outside of a school.

Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Afternoon to Dinner.

Here is a shot of a little building next to the Mississippi River.

I went for a little walk through a park next to the river and found these trees.

Here is a shot of some flowers along the sidewalk.

A old cabin in the park.

A malard enjoying a bath in a small pond in the park.

After spending some time in the park, I headed home. My goal was to get back so I could sit in my treestand this evening. Here are a few shots from the ride home.

This is a Wisconsin traffic jam!

Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

Re: Evening to Midnight.

Here is the last of my pics from today. I made it home in time to get to my treestand! It was starting to get dark when 2 deer came along. Here is a shot of one of them. Not a great shot, but I did see what I wanted to see.

It was dark when I got back to my truck, so I decided to take a couple shots down our main street before heading home. I took a shot of the moon once I got home and added it to the first main street pic.

Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

Aldo Leopold

From about noon till 6pm --- I was sleeping in the am and post processing in the eveing and fell asleep on the couch...sorry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-post1.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-post2.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-post4.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Re: Evening to Midnight.

I haven't been posting much on the forums lately but decided I'd try to be more active and this looked like a good place to jump in.

There was a high school marching band competition held at the local university's football stadium tonight. Thought I'd try some long shutter speeds (since my lens isn't all that fast) and see what I got. Here's a couple, with a bit of cropping and sharpening to counter the reduction in size for the web:

And a shot of my son enjoying the show:
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

...a few more...and the last one is my favorite and last one of the day....my friend (also my stylist for the wedding and his assistant)....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-post7.jpg   The Fall 24 Hours!  Saturday October 7th-post6.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Post your morning pictures through and including lunch here.
    I've been more of a lurker up to this point but this looks like a good time to be more active.

The day started off pretty slow. Nothing like a good breakfast to start things off!

I'm off to shoot some fall colors this afternoon!
    tony

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information