ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Developed my 1st negatives!!!!

I went to the photo lab for class last night and I was able to develope my first roll of film!!! Pretty cool process. It looks like I had a little bit of light creep in while I was loading the fill onto the reel but other than that, most of them look pretty good. I will see if I can scan some of them later on and post them. I have only had 2 classes so far but I love it. Next week we will make a contact sheet out of the negs that we developed last night. I also got my first taste of the Epson 2200 last night. I made some prints from some of my digitals and I think they turned out pretty good. I didn't get a chance to use the Fuji Pictography 3500 last night tho cause someone uninstalled the software for it... maybe next week. All these fun new toys to play with is a blast. I'm like a kid in a candy store, and the best part about it, the company I work for is footing the bill!!!!!

Michael
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

that's awesome

glad you're having so much fun...will look out for your shots
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Developing gets addicting! Get consistent results with one film/developer combo and then try others. Lots of combinations that will give you different results - heck, you can even use coffee as a developer!

If you decide to set up your own darkroom, you can buy the equipment for next to nothing. I'd like to do it but have time/space constraints...

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator
    I'll be setting up a darkroom in our school soon with donated equipment. One of our grandfathers has gone all digital and given us a full set-up, including a color processor and head for a Minolta Bessler 45. Has anyone had any experience trying to B/W with the color LED head. I can't see where print manipulation will be possible. I'm going to be looking for a condenser head for it. I think we'll try for an Epson 2200 for the color stuff and keep the lab B/W. Any thoughts?

Thread Information