ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar

1st shots w/ Canon 70-200 F4 - Rodeo

Hi ya'll!

I attained a Media Press Pass for two Rodeos (Cody & Cheyenne) while on my trip to Wyoming. I mainly used Canon's 70-200 F4. I left the 300mm 2.8 behind as it was too big and bulky for all day walking around. Anyway, I had a great time, met some terrific people, saw beautiful scenery & and some awesome wildlife - including wild mustangs and bears. - photos coming soon.

The 70-200 produced some amazingly sharp images - its great for 'walking around all day' - when there is plenty of light. Of course for low light conditions/action you'll be better off with the 2.8 version. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality of images from the 70-200 F4 lens.

Here are some Rodeo images.

Canon 10D, 70-200 F4

Kathy
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Liz

Cool Awesome......

Kathy - these are soooooooo great. I love every one of them. Wow!

I just bought a refurbished 70-200mm/f4 from B&H for $450. It just arrived today. I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't have a mark on it, so it looks worth the price. Hopefully it will work as well as it looks! Your pics encouraged me!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    Hi ya'll!

I attained a Media Press Pass for two Rodeos (Cody & Cheyenne) while on my trip to Wyoming. I mainly used Canon's 70-200 F4. I left the 300mm 2.8 behind as it was too big and bulky for all day walking around. Anyway, I had a great time, met some terrific people, saw beautiful scenery & and some awesome wildlife - including wild mustangs and bears. - photos coming soon.

The 70-200 produced some amazingly sharp images - its great for 'walking around all day' - when there is plenty of light. Of course for low light conditions/action you'll be better off with the 2.8 version. Overall, I am very pleased with the quality of images from the 70-200 F4 lens.

Here are some Rodeo images.

Canon 10D, 70-200 F4

Kathy

A loooong way from 1000! Cowgirl's Avatar
    $450.00 is an excellent price! You'll really like it. Used with my 10D, the 200mm = 320mm. That is a good reach at F4.

It is lightweight, yet built tough - a great choice if you absolutely do not need a F2.8 Lens.

Also, I noticed that 4 out of 5 lenses at those Rodeos were white. The Photographers Pit was full, and the other photographers will send a few glances your way to see what your using. The media field is a tough one. Canon must be doing something right.

Kathy

Thread Information