ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Re: Capture a Stranger

This happy guy was shot on The Tail of the Dragon

This shot was taken at a park in NYC while participating in one of the NYC Gatherings. It is, by far, my fav shot of a stranger...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture a Stranger-matchstickman.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Brian
    That is a really nice capture....The black and white makes it superb in my opinion.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

This is not really a stranger...She is however a stranger to you folks so I guess it counts... This is my daughter after a day hiking and she running through the water fall....

Here are a couple of folks messing up my picture...Don't you just hate when people walk in front of your shot...Although, these folks may have just helped this one...

and one more
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Killing time on campus
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture a Stranger-img_1279e3.jpg  
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

I love this image...I wish I had a tripod at the time.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Hi Everyone.....New to photography...I just purchased a Nikon D80 with the 18-55 and 55-200vr lense...and a 50mmf1.8.......THANK YOU this sight is great to view pictures and learn! I have one question....this is a Great Thread....I am assuming if there were no releases signed you can not sell these photos...right? So these are just for the joy of it and to possibly and to your websites or portfolios? Thanks for the help!

Nice captures Javier. I am impressed.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks Greg!
    I appreciate that...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Nice one Javier. Would she have waited for you to set up the tripod?
    Here's a couple of from my weekend outing ..not great but its all I got right now.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

well i don't know what happened...try again
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by RMullen99
    Hi Everyone.....New to photography...I just purchased a Nikon D80 with the 18-55 and 55-200vr lense...and a 50mmf1.8.......THANK YOU this sight is great to view pictures and learn! I have one question....this is a Great Thread....I am assuming if there were no releases signed you can not sell these photos...right? So these are just for the joy of it and to possibly and to your websites or portfolios? Thanks for the help!

No releases but I wouldn't try selling any.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Here are some strangers I captured today...These where shot through plexi glass at the La Brea Tar pits.

I love this pic..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Here is one from the other day....This homy was resting on top of someones grave....So sad....

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Here are a couple more strangers..
    Sorting through pics, I spotted these...Surely many of you folks have some...Post them up.

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Sony a99/a7R

Greg
    That is an awesome image!!! It is a classic...That fellow in that building at that tme of night...Wow...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Thanks Javier......

Sony a99/a7R

Heres one from me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture a Stranger-jdb_7487_1.jpg  

Very nice Jimmy, I take it your a Kasey Cane fan?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Javier, I know this guys wife. She is an official on the NASCAR Truck series.
    She really liked the shot of her Hubby!
    JB

This beautiful lady was looking down and as i took the picture she looked up. Im glad a post like this came up I'v had this picture for like 8 months.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture a Stranger-stranger-charleston.jpg  
    Looking through to capture life.

jgredline - you have some ~really~ good stuff posted in here. I'm new - just registered yesterday and haven't posted anything at all (this is actually my first post). I really like the images of the women at the tar pit (?), the 2nd one in particular. Was the plexi-glass just ~really~ clean? You were able to place lens right against it? Used a polarizing filter? Really nice...

Also - on the opposite end of no reflections are the images of the women in (a museum?) where the reflections of them ARE the image per the thread.

Again - really nice work. ;)

-=- jd -=-

JD
    Welcome to the forum...You will find that this is an extremely great place with a bunch of great folks...I look forward to seeing your images...To be perfectly honest, I did not even know I captured that lady in the image...I was actually shooting the skeleton of the bird..The lady was a bonus...I cropped out the skeleton and kept the lady....Sometimes, I get lucky.

Thanks Javier...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

squerly_q
    Welcome aboard...
    What a nice capture!!!! and yes, this is a great thread...One of my Favs...This thread deserves to be a sticky...I look forward to seeing more of your images...
    Thanks javier
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Page 12 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information