ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Obsessive-compulsive... Steph_B's Avatar

Blast from the past!

Hi All,

I thought I would share this photograph with you. It was taken 25 years ago, during one of my father trip to Nepal!

I've scanned it today from a Kodachrome. I am quite amazed at the quality of the result I got. The film has some slight blotches here and there but otherwise is seems that there is no visible mold nor color cast....

As far as I am concerned, this pic is both a testimony to Kodachromes long life span and to my father photographic abilities. He went on 3 extended trips (Mexico, Egypt and Nepal) in the 1970s. He collected more than 3000 slides from these trips. And since he was quite a people photographer, these 3000 slides are a testimony to cultures which have known unbriddled modernization since then.

I am definitely looking forward to get my hands on his collection and digitize the whole bunch. It's going to take though! Will keep me busy during those long rainy week-ends!

Thanks for having a look!

Cheers,

Stephane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blast from the past!-102-preview.jpg  

Re: Blast from the past!

Steph.. That's a magnificent photo. Now I see where you get your talent from. By the time you get through working with all of your fathers images, you will probably learn a lot about him. That is a powerful image.
    Kit

Thread Information