Blast from the past!

Printable View

• 10-11-2004, 10:44 PM
    Steph_B
    1 Attachment(s)
    Blast from the past!
    Hi All,

I thought I would share this photograph with you. It was taken 25 years ago, during one of my father trip to Nepal!

I've scanned it today from a Kodachrome. I am quite amazed at the quality of the result I got. The film has some slight blotches here and there but otherwise is seems that there is no visible mold nor color cast....

As far as I am concerned, this pic is both a testimony to Kodachromes long life span and to my father photographic abilities. He went on 3 extended trips (Mexico, Egypt and Nepal) in the 1970s. He collected more than 3000 slides from these trips. And since he was quite a people photographer, these 3000 slides are a testimony to cultures which have known unbriddled modernization since then.

I am definitely looking forward to get my hands on his collection and digitize the whole bunch. It's going to take though! Will keep me busy during those long rainy week-ends!

Thanks for having a look!

Cheers,

Stephane
  • 10-12-2004, 08:49 AM
    shesells
    Re: Blast from the past!
    Steph.. That's a magnificent photo. Now I see where you get your talent from. By the time you get through working with all of your fathers images, you will probably learn a lot about him. That is a powerful image.
    Kit