ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Chicago Botanical Gardens

We went in the middle of the day, lighting sucked, harsh mid-day sun.

Paul, how 'bout an ID??
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    Initially I got the red x on each one. Then when I tried to download them, I got the http - but when I copy/pasted I got "no such page."

Liz
    Liz,

There seem to be "issues" with my server. Should be cleared up shortly. In the meantime, would you mind deleting the references from your quote? The images are coming up twice and I'm sure until this is fixed these will greatly slow down the loading times for this thread. Ah, technology...
    -Seb

My website

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    you geek..... I ID'd one for you LAST YEAR TOO.

AMERICAN GOLDFINCH

the turtle is a red eared slider
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Liz

Talking Gardens.........

Hi Sebastian,

Love that bird.........finch I think Paul said. Great color - sharp. What lens did you use here?

The first "flower" is a bit dark on my screen (lcd), but the background blur is excellent. The last flower looks good here - color/contrast and background blurr.

I haven't been out shooting lately - and I'm getting the shakes. Need to feed that addiction.

Liz

These suck!!!!

Sorry had to hide my jealousy at the fact they were taken in mid--day sun and the lighting sucked (as I roll my eyes) whatever...

these are great as usual...especially the first... some of your shots have inspired me to try closeup shots liek that but...as you can see NONE have been posted... something about the way you do it...
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    you geek..... I ID'd one for you LAST YEAR TOO.

AMERICAN GOLDFINCH

the turtle is a red eared slider
    And next year I'll FORGET AGAIN! ;)

Thanks.
    -Seb

My website

I haven't been out shooting lately - and I'm getting the shakes. Need to feed that addiction.

Liz
    What are you waiting for? I doubt being on the computer is helping you get your fix...

Thanks for the comments, as always.
    -Seb

My website

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Seb:

In spite of all -- you got the shot! The first one is my favorite. You know how I go for the painterly look -- your first shot has it through and through. The ripples in the water in your turtle shot make a cool abstract. I love that chubby little goldfinch, what a cutey! And, those hanging flowers are very exotic, the one flower in bloom is gorgeous.

Thank you for sharing these Seb -- they're great!

Best to You,
    Penny
    Thank you Penney, your words are always very encouraging.
    -Seb

My website

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    These suck!!!!

Sorry had to hide my jealousy at the fact they were taken in mid--day sun and the lighting sucked (as I roll my eyes) whatever...

these are great as usual...especially the first... some of your shots have inspired me to try closeup shots liek that but...as you can see NONE have been posted... something about the way you do it...
    Hehe...thanks for the honesty, I appreciate it...

There lighting really was terrible, what you see was taken in the shade, with the exception of the turtle. Even when lighting is really bad, there will be something in open shade, and I look for that. Problem is you are greatly limited in what you can shoot, as almost everything will be out in the open.

There is really nothing to these closeups. All of these were taken with the 70-200, the flowers are simply shot wide-open at minimum focus distance. I make sure to have a background that is pretty far away and will blur without many distractions. I also am very picky about focus, wide open the DOF drops down very quickly, especially at the minimum focus range.
    -Seb

My website

Liz

Thumbs down Computer? Bah Humbug!

Hi Sebastian,

You're right - the computer does NOT help! However, I've been housebound since the 4th of July weekend. One of my residents had some problems and I'm here 24/7 to keep the peace. . She moved out yesterday, so hopefully all will be well soon! In the meantime, I'm trying to catch up on the office work I had to let go - and for my sanity I log into PR at intervals during the day.

I'm hoping to go to NY by the end of the week - if it stops raining..........

Liz

Hi Sebastian,

You're right - the computer does NOT help! However, I've been housebound since the 4th of July weekend. One of my residents had some problems and I'm here 24/7 to keep the peace. . She moved out yesterday, so hopefully all will be well soon! In the meantime, I'm trying to catch up on the office work I had to let go - and for my sanity I log into PR at intervals during the day.

I'm hoping to go to NY by the end of the week - if it stops raining..........

Liz
    "if it stops raining.........."

I hear that!! Hope you can get out soon.
    -Seb

My website

Thread Information