ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

10D for under 900?

Something tells me to be very weary of this store, but it looks okay, not that that says much. I need to call over there tomorrow. I've looked around, dont see any feedback or reviews for them, anyone have an opinion? There based out of new york, thats about all I can find. I need to see if its grey market or factory refurbished stuff when I call tomorrow. I really dont want to jump into things, but if this is legit, it's a price drop I've been waiting for. Its very odd, most of their prices are reasonably cheap, not too much under if any then some other more well known places, but the 10D and D-Rebel appear to stand out as WAY underpriced. Any thoughts? I know its nicer to have a store like B&H or such to stand behind their product, but for 300-400 dollar discount. wow.

Andrew

EDIT: They have the rebel for 515.00 too, oh, and I bet i should have posted the link. lol. Read mixed reviews after finding some reseller review sites through google, most people say they bait and switch you, or they do it if you buy an accessory, which in some cases, still makes the undermarked camera well worth the hassle, others say that they got it and didnt have to deal with the hassle and it went smoothly, how do you discern between what is and isnt? or are sites that have mixed reviews just up to luck?

http://www.radioactivedeals.com/prod...7&dept_id=2572
    Last edited by philic1013; 07-01-2004 at 07:28 PM. Reason: forgot the link

uh, did I miss the name of this place?
    A good craftsman never blames his tools.

make sure to do your research

I had the same idea. I posted a thread two days ago abtou a site selling the 10d and tons of packaged stuff with it for 1,849.99. But after doing my research and getting advice from the great people that replied to my thread ;) I decided to keep safe and go to well known and truly legit sites. Also here's a link to photo.net that has tons of these reviews. Just scroll till you find the place you're looking for. Be careful and do good research on the site before plunging head first into it.
    http://www.photo.net/neighbor/one-subcategory?id=2

Thanks

Frequent Lurker
    Andrew,
    Check out this link and it might help you decide.

http://www.epinions.com/pr-Online_St...o_Active_Deals

Terry

yeah i've read over it, and i've read other sites that are 5050 as well. You just have to read through enough to read the good ones as well. Apparently people are also getting stores to pricematch the price on rare occassions as well.

The thing to be careful about these deals is, the cameras might be grey market imports as well and might not have USA warranty. I was looking at getting a 10D from a place here in Australia that was considerably cheaper at the time than reputable dealers I have dealt with, it was after some enquiries that I found out they supplied their own warranty work on faulty cameras. I went with the reputable dealer I know and purchased at the higher price.

Remember is is "Caveat Emptor" with deals and you should always keep that in mind.

Thread Information