ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

10D in the shop. URGHHHHHH

My 10D has a stuck pixel. A single pixel is always red in the exact same place. Well, luckily, my warranty is still good so I sent it back today. I will be without it for 2- 3 weeks.

These are the days where I hate digital and all the garbage that goes along with it. Babied my digital and have used my film camera in all sorts of extreme situations. No problem with the film bodies which are two to three years older.

I have five weddings during May so as long as I get it back before then, I'll be fine.

Anyone else every have stuck or dead pixel.

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Dennis,

SOrry to hear you sent it back. A stuck pixel however, is really no big deal. I had three on one of my D100s, and four on the other. Only one would show up at all exposures, and it never showed in prints, unless the crop or print were huge. A one second swipe with a small rubber stamp is all it took.

This just comes with the territory, just like torn film or opening the camera back did with film. You learn to deal.

Now technically this isn't really a defect. I guarantee it came from the factory with several dead pixels, but they were mapped out at the factory. All they do is tell the system where the pixel is and the algorithms do not take it into account when creating the image. The Olumpus E-20 even had auto-remaping built into it, so you wouldn't have to send it in. The pixels go out for many reasons, and there really is nothing we can do about it. And the higher the resolution, the mor we get, but the less noticeable they are.

Good luck, hope it comes back ASAP.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

That's what everyone said

That it wasn't that big of a deal and I could rubber stamp it out. But damn, I am a stickler for my equipment. Plus, didn't want to have to rubber stamp 1000 proofs. I hear there is software solutions that can get rid of it.

I'm sure they will just remap it and send it back. Well, I guess it's back to the EOS 3 and film for a while.

I'm missing her already.....

Dennis
    "Foolish consistency is the hobgobblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Quote Originally Posted by dsl712
    That it wasn't that big of a deal and I could rubber stamp it out. But damn, I am a stickler for my equipment. Plus, didn't want to have to rubber stamp 1000 proofs. I hear there is software solutions that can get rid of it.

I'm sure they will just remap it and send it back. Well, I guess it's back to the EOS 3 and film for a while.

I'm missing her already.....

Dennis
    Nothing wrong with wanting your stuff to be in great shape, but this is one of those things that will drive you mad if you pay attention to it, there is just NO way we can avoid it, you know?

No biggie, if you need a loaner let me know.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information