Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>
    Mountain Biker

A few shots from SouthParc

Was out to Southparc last night with some buddies and got a few shots.. let me know what you think!

Kanata,

Just a suggestion, try not to make your images larger than 600 pixels on the long end. On a 1024x768 screen I can only see about a third of your image at a time.

That being said, the straight-on images make it difficult for me to appreciate the technique and action of the tricks being performed. I think I'd like a different angle that shows me more of what's going on.

I think the last one is my favorite, cool action and interesting, dynamic background.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

I like the last one the best. The bike he is riding in the second picture, Endless lifetime, those are made an hour from here. Seb, you can see more if you make it full screen, press f11. Cool pictures, I want to shoot skatepark.

kanata,
    I like the third one best because it works much more than the first two. On the third, having just the rider in the picture works because the (semi)pan isolates him, making it more artsy. The first two, may I suggest, like Seb said, need more to them. For trick shots like this, my biggest concern is seeing what the rider either... 1.jumped off of, or 2.are about to land on. I don't know if they are a foot off the box jump or ten feet, know what I mean? Other than that, good shots! -Justin

Mountain Biker
    Oops, my bad on the photo size, my 1600x1200 display makes anything smaller look too small.. ;)

Yeah, the two head ons looked good to me, but know what was going on. In Southparc, there are very few places to get shots... either you're going to get someone in the background, or you'll get the ceiling. I tried the first two with a longer lens, but I had to be careful not to go too long, as the flash needed to hire on the rider too.

As for Dave's Endless.. yeah, I am more then jelious.. but that's okay, if all goes well, I'll be ordering one soon too! Add another steed to my stable. ;)

Joe

Thread Information