Posting replies problems

I have been having problems with posting replies, quick post works, but if posting in other mode, it doesn't seem to work properly and if trying to edit a posting same thing, just goes to a blank screen and sits there, not editing the post.

Anyone else having similar problems.

Also straight after this happened all posts that I haven't read, are marked as read in the forums, this is really getting frustrating as I am sure it is with others and the engineers as well.

Well this one worked this time. I have tried it 4 times in another post of mine and nothing worked.

The only thing that I have come across Peter is if I go directly to a pm and reply to it, when I come back to the forums, all posts are marked as read. In fact, this happened today as I replied to a pm first and totally missed your post here until just now.

What interface are you using in "post reply"? All should work, but I'm just curious. I use WYSIWYG.

Oh and one more question. Are you using I.E.? These forums were designed to work best with I.E.
    Lara

I posted a reply starting with quick reply but moved to advanced reply.

After typing a pretty lengthy reply in Studio Lighting post, I clicked on post and it came up with a blank window and the address ending was /newreply.php I think. I clicked on the back button but unfortunately all the info I had typed was completely lost in cyberland.

I tried doing it again and the same thing happened again and again.

Finally I just posted in the quick reply and managed to get most of what I had typed out 3-4 times posted, but then noticed something I missed in the reply, so I tried to use the Edit post and struck the same problem, although didn't loose the original posting, just what I was trying to edit into the reply.

I ended up just posting and Addendum to the post and gave up with it.

it is frustrating when all the threads are marked as read isn't it, you have to go hunting to see what you have missed and this happened after I reply to a posting in studio and lighting that all the threads were marked as read, during the posting problem I was having.

I really think it is the forum scripting or the servers not handling the load sometimes and it gets confused a bit.

Not sure

Peter-
    This is the first I've seen or heard of a post disappearing. The first thing I thought of was that you might have hit a character limit and there's no error notice. Is that possible? How long would you say your post was? Aside from that, I don't think you should be having any problems. Our servers are pretty robust and I don't believe there have been any major code changes in some time.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Now that is an interesting point, what is the posting character limit. That might have been sort of what it was, but then I tried posting virturally the same in quick reply and it posted OK, except you can't edit a reply in quick reply can you.

Thread Information