Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

I'm back, my iMAC is here

I received my new computer yesterday and so far I really like it. This 27 inch screen is huge!!! I can easily have a couple of things on my monitor and both be a very nice size. In the picture I have Photography Review site on the left and my website on the right. The colors and pictures are great. This will take a little getting use to after using a PC for all these years but I think I will be very happy with my choice,.

I will also be back hot and heavy deleting spam. I have had very limited access to a computer for the last several days. Thanks to everyone for all the input you have provided on my choice of computers, Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I'm back, my iMAC is here-_dsc2091.jpg  
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: I'm back, my iMAC is here

Looks great - and everything is so neat! - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Great setup, I dont think you will regret leaving the dark side........
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Congratulations !

I played with one at bestbuy, the screen is just sweet!

Congratulations on your machine. I'm proud to say that I'm one of the original Mac users (25 years) and counting, since PCs were "DOS" operated, I have never regret it even once. Not only that I'm a user but also an Apple owner as well, I own stocks in Apple that are doing extremely well.

Congrats on the new machine. I got a new 27" iMac a couple of months ago and love it. One question though, didn't it come with a wireless keyboard and magic mouse? Mine did. If so, give them a try, I think you will love them.

Quote Originally Posted by gryphonslair99
    Congrats on the new machine. I got a new 27" iMac a couple of months ago and love it. One question though, didn't it come with a wireless keyboard and magic mouse? Mine did. If so, give them a try, I think you will love them.
    I asked for the keyboard to be changed out to the wired type so I would have the number keypad on the keyboard. It was the same price and I am always typing in numbers and using the numbers across the top of the keyboard are a royal pain for me. I also prefer the mouse with the track ball so the wireless one they sent is in the drawer. Thanks to everyone for your comments. So far I am exceptionally happy with how this Mac works and having the large screen is great also, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    I asked for the keyboard to be changed out to the wired type so I would have the number keypad on the keyboard. It was the same price and I am always typing in numbers and using the numbers across the top of the keyboard are a royal pain for me. I also prefer the mouse with the track ball so the wireless one they sent is in the drawer. Thanks to everyone for your comments. So far I am exceptionally happy with how this Mac works and having the large screen is great also, Jeff
    I can understand the keyboard, but if you have not tried out the functions of the magic mouse or the new magic track pad you ought to do yourself a favor and take a look at them. The functionality they provide is unheard of in the windows world.

I would like to buy a used mac (low budget) what would you recomend?
    I want to buy it from craigslist. as high as 600dls.
    which mac?
    basically to edit pictures and few short videos taken with my gropro hero HD and Canon7D.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pete7D
    I would like to buy a used mac (low budget) what would you recomend?
    I want to buy it from craigslist. as high as 600dls.
    which mac?
    basically to edit pictures and few short videos taken with my gropro hero HD and Canon7D.

thanks
    If you have a monitor, keyboard, and a mouse from an old system, I would suggest looking at a Mac Mini. You can get one new for around $600. Apple also usually has some refurbs that will save you some money.
    Rule books are paper they will not cushion a sudden meeting of stone and metal. --Ernie Gann--
    What is a cynic? A man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing. --Oscar Wilde--

Thread Information