I'm back, my iMAC is here

Printable View

• 01-08-2011, 08:56 AM
    Grandpaw
    1 Attachment(s)
    I'm back, my iMAC is here
    I received my new computer yesterday and so far I really like it. This 27 inch screen is huge!!! I can easily have a couple of things on my monitor and both be a very nice size. In the picture I have Photography Review site on the left and my website on the right. The colors and pictures are great. This will take a little getting use to after using a PC for all these years but I think I will be very happy with my choice,.

I will also be back hot and heavy deleting spam. I have had very limited access to a computer for the last several days. Thanks to everyone for all the input you have provided on my choice of computers, Jeff
  • 01-08-2011, 11:20 AM
    OldClicker
    Re: I'm back, my iMAC is here
    Looks great - and everything is so neat! - Terry
  • 01-08-2011, 01:15 PM
    hminx
    Great setup, I dont think you will regret leaving the dark side........:D
  • 01-09-2011, 08:35 AM
    armando_m
    Congratulations !

I played with one at bestbuy, the screen is just sweet!
  • 01-09-2011, 10:10 AM
    Asmarlak
    Congratulations on your machine. I'm proud to say that I'm one of the original Mac users (25 years) and counting, since PCs were "DOS" operated, I have never regret it even once. Not only that I'm a user but also an Apple owner as well, I own stocks in Apple that are doing extremely well.
  • 01-09-2011, 12:00 PM
    gryphonslair99
    Congrats on the new machine. I got a new 27" iMac a couple of months ago and love it. One question though, didn't it come with a wireless keyboard and magic mouse? Mine did. If so, give them a try, I think you will love them.
  • 01-09-2011, 05:24 PM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gryphonslair99
    Congrats on the new machine. I got a new 27" iMac a couple of months ago and love it. One question though, didn't it come with a wireless keyboard and magic mouse? Mine did. If so, give them a try, I think you will love them.

I asked for the keyboard to be changed out to the wired type so I would have the number keypad on the keyboard. It was the same price and I am always typing in numbers and using the numbers across the top of the keyboard are a royal pain for me. I also prefer the mouse with the track ball so the wireless one they sent is in the drawer. Thanks to everyone for your comments. So far I am exceptionally happy with how this Mac works and having the large screen is great also, Jeff
  • 01-09-2011, 07:51 PM
    gryphonslair99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    I asked for the keyboard to be changed out to the wired type so I would have the number keypad on the keyboard. It was the same price and I am always typing in numbers and using the numbers across the top of the keyboard are a royal pain for me. I also prefer the mouse with the track ball so the wireless one they sent is in the drawer. Thanks to everyone for your comments. So far I am exceptionally happy with how this Mac works and having the large screen is great also, Jeff

I can understand the keyboard, but if you have not tried out the functions of the magic mouse or the new magic track pad you ought to do yourself a favor and take a look at them. The functionality they provide is unheard of in the windows world.:)
  • 01-22-2011, 10:50 AM
    Pete7D
    I would like to buy a used mac (low budget) what would you recomend?
    I want to buy it from craigslist. as high as 600dls.
    which mac?
    basically to edit pictures and few short videos taken with my gropro hero HD and Canon7D.

thanks
  • 01-22-2011, 09:09 PM
    EOSThree
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7D
    I would like to buy a used mac (low budget) what would you recomend?
    I want to buy it from craigslist. as high as 600dls.
    which mac?
    basically to edit pictures and few short videos taken with my gropro hero HD and Canon7D.

thanks

If you have a monitor, keyboard, and a mouse from an old system, I would suggest looking at a Mac Mini. You can get one new for around $600. Apple also usually has some refurbs that will save you some money.