Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Rainy Day

Rainy Day

Hi All,

Actually shot a couple of pictures of the rain coming down, first time. Wasn't sure about lighting and stuff so had never tried, but went fishing the day before yesterday and it rained. Which is ok. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Betty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rainy Day-fishingbuffbilldam71304-008.jpg   Rainy Day-fishingbuffbilldam71304-007.jpg  
    "When you aim for perfection you discover it is a moving target".

- George Fisher -

Quote Originally Posted by bjtindle
    Hi All,

Actually shot a couple of pictures of the rain coming down, first time. Wasn't sure about lighting and stuff so had never tried, but went fishing the day before yesterday and it rained. Which is ok. Please let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Betty
    Ok guys, can see ya been looking, are these that awful, uninteresting...if so tell me so I can improve! Thanks!

- George Fisher -

I'm really wondering where the purples and greens came from! I've never seen such colors in that kind of setting!

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    I'm really wondering where the purples and greens came from! I've never seen such colors in that kind of setting!

We get them a lot up here. It was very "gray" looking that day because of the clouds. There are a lot of red tones in the surrounding mountains and the water that day was "greenish/blue" until it started looking rather dark. I can only suppose that everything reflected off of each other. Didn't do anything to the posts, promise. There were also places where the sun was shining. When the storm was coming up it came from the south, but to the north the sun was shining very nicely. As the storm passed it went north and blocked out the sun and to the south, in the one photo you can see the blue sky again. Very nice blue sky, would never know it had just rained. The storms also do that a lot in the summer, rain for five minutes, cloudy skies and then it is like it never even rained. I love it up here! I wish I could tell you for sure, but I don't know. LOL But that is how it looked. Honest. I attached a couple of pictures of the same place earlier in the day. They are almost the same view of each other but all the colors are different from the 2 I posted earlier because the storm had just passed. I think, maybe it was before. Anyway, totally different colors.

Betty

P.S. Thanks for looking too!

Betty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rainy Day-fishingbuffbilldam71304-043.jpg   Rainy Day-fishingbuffbilldam71304-030.jpg  

- George Fisher -

learning member
    Hi Betty ,

Beautiful photo's ! I have experience quite a lot of
    storms here in South-Africa but never one with those greenish colors.
    Must be the reflection of the water ? Very well done . It is one of those shots where one should be at the right time on the right place .
    Very beautiful place you are living .
    Greetings
    james

Betty, I've seen green skies but never to that extend. To me they look too saturated and therefore unnatural. It could be a problem with your camera and I start to believe that more when I look at the purple, because that does seem to be a problem with your Concord. For some reason some of your shots turn out purple in the bottom part, but only under certain circumstances;

[url]http://bjtindle.photogalaxy.co.uk/photo.php?photographer=bjtindle&ID=48
    http://bjtindle.photogalaxy.co.uk/ph...ther&value=all

Quote Originally Posted by JoeD
    Betty, I've seen green skies but never to that extend. To me they look too saturated and therefore unnatural. It could be a problem with your camera and I start to believe that more when I look at the purple, because that does seem to be a problem with your Concord. For some reason some of your shots turn out purple in the bottom part, but only under certain circumstances;

[url]http://bjtindle.photogalaxy.co.uk/photo.php?photographer=bjtindle&ID=48
    Wonderful, I looked at the photos you pointed out and I never would have noticed not seeing them together. Does that mean there is something wrong with my camera? Am I doing something wrong? There was another problem with something on my camera and I am wondering if it is for the same reason. Wish I could remember now what the problem was/is but I think it had to do with the quality of picture I had it set on. I have been trying to leave it on the finest quality, not economic (so I get more pictures at one time) I am going to look at my camera. Sucks. My other Concorde did not do this and when I bought this new one I gave the other to my brother. ;( Well it is on the finest setting but I could have changed that and not remember. Seems I am going to have to experiment with this one. Doesn't seem to like the sun. There is a picture of a sunset on the camera right now I have not pulled off the camera, taken last night on the finest setting. I am going to pull if off the camera and look at it. Is there a flaw with my camera? Thanks Joe!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Well, I don't have my receipt for this stupid camera so the store won't let me exchange it, need either receipt or original packaging. Don't have either. I called Concord and their technical support said there should be no purple casts or anything. I can exchange it through them by paying a $15.00 fee (keep your receipts folks!) cuz I don't have a receipt. I guess I will do that. Don't want it if it isn't working right. Thanks!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Quote Originally Posted by bjtindle
    Well, I don't have my receipt for this stupid camera so the store won't let me exchange it, need either receipt or original packaging. Don't have either. I called Concord and their technical support said there should be no purple casts or anything. I can exchange it through them by paying a $15.00 fee (keep your receipts folks!) cuz I don't have a receipt. I guess I will do that. Don't want it if it isn't working right. Thanks!

Betty

A correction and an apology. I did use PSP on the photos by using the "Enhance Photo" option. I had forgotten that. My apologies. I did talk to tech support and they had me take some pictures to send to them along with the photos I attached to this post. I was told there should be no green or purple tint/casts on the pictures at all. They are going to look at the pictures and see if it is something I am doing or..... (Probably me) Thanks for all the help!

Betty

- George Fisher -

Good to hear Betty. Let's hope they can come up with an answer soon. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeD
    Good to hear Betty. Let's hope they can come up with an answer soon. ;)

Me too!1 I decided to call them back and ask them to look at pictures before returning the camera. Could be me! They were very nice and let me send them pictures.

Betty

- George Fisher -

Thread Information