Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Millenium Bridge & St Paul's

For all the street shots I try to take, I can't always resist photographing the well worn tourist sites!

matt

Re: Millenium Bridge & St Paul's

An often captured image this. The idea is good but the very centre, the people, buildings etc are all a bit lost in each other. Maybe a full 100% view would add more seperation.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

learning

I like the shot (and i know the feeling of not being able to resists those tourist shots). The darkness in the sky and on the foreground really makes it, sort of a framing with dark tones. The people, however, really clutter an otherwise clean shot...they need to be closer so that they are detailed enogh to add to the picture, or gone altogther.

Thanks for the comments

You are right of course, ideally I would have preferred not to have those people there to make the shot cleaner. Unfortunately, as this was just a shot taken while out for an afternoon walk I'm afraid that there was no chance of the bridge ever being empty - it is constantly busy during the day. I waited for a few minutes and was quite pleased to get the foreground as clear as I did - another second and the next group of people walked past me into shot.

I think to get it clear I would need to be dedicated and get up really early in the morning - but I like my bed too much for that

matt

Thread Information