Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

breezy night ...

This was made with an expensive camera, trying to make it look like it was shot with a cheap toy cam.. go figure lol any comments welcome!
    Kit
    Last edited by shesells; 09-22-2007 at 06:52 PM.
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Seb

Re: breezy night ...

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    This was made with an expensive camera, trying to make it look like it was shot with a cheap toy cam.. go figure lol any comments welcome!
    Kit
    Good composition! I don't really like the part of halo/light that show up in the lower right frame but I enjoy the picture. The blurry leafs (wind?) makes the shot quite dreamy.

regards

Seb

Kit,

I'm not a huge 'toy camera' fan, but I won't comment on that aspect. I do however like the composition, and the motion blurs work perfectly. The colors are pretty good, and I kind of like the star thing on the bottom. It looks neat. Did you do any unsharp masking? The trees do look a little 'fake' along the blue, but I'm not sure if that's just me.

Interesting shot,

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Seb
    Good composition! I don't really like the part of halo/light that show up in the lower right frame but I enjoy the picture. The blurry leafs (wind?) makes the shot quite dreamy.

regards

Seb
    Hey Seb, thanks for the critique.. I i can't make up my mind whether i like that light or not.. i purposely included it when i took the shot but hmm.. ill look at it both ways. Thanks,
    Kit

Cool Re: breezy night ...

Quote Originally Posted by jar_e
    Kit,

I'm not a huge 'toy camera' fan, but I won't comment on that aspect. I do however like the composition, and the motion blurs work perfectly. The colors are pretty good, and I kind of like the star thing on the bottom. It looks neat. Did you do any unsharp masking? The trees do look a little 'fake' along the blue, but I'm not sure if that's just me.

Interesting shot,

Jared
    hey Jared..Thank you so much for your comments.. No, i didnt use usm.. well , let me change that.. yes i did but only on the trunks because i wanted to keep the blurryness of the palm branches. i only used an amount of 12 and a radius of 1. so minimal lol. it was really pitch dark except for the light in the far distance, which is what you see at the bottom. It may be the exposure that makes it seem fake... Or, the fact that they were fake trees..
    Kidding!
    Kit

Dear Kit,

I like the "misty" feel of this picture. I like the fact that you used a long shutter, and the palm trees look a little, what am I looking for, wolly? A very good composition and exposure. Very nice.

Dzerzhinski
    "But what is strength without a double share of wisdom." John Milton

Lost Planet Cameraman #8

GB1

Hmmm.. not really that bad for a toy. The slightly bright glow of the trunks against the night (?) sky creates a somewhat surreal feeling. The Blur looks nice to me, although I wish some part of the photo was sharp to allow my eyes to 'rest' on it.

If those are stars behind the trees, then I presume you did a pretty long exposure - about 10-30 seconds?

GB

I like the effect you achieved here. I just wish there was a little more to the pic, like the trunk on the right not being cropped out halfway.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Dzerzhinski46: wolly is good! LOL! Thats my new favorite word now.. heh. Thank you so much for liking the good things in this pic, shows me that i wasn't completely off.

GB1: Yes it was about 20 secs if i remember right... And I see what you mean about the sharpness. Good Point! Basically, the shot was something i had in my mind but didn't execute it very well.. No prob. I'll just try again! Ahh the glory of digital. thanks for responding.

gahspidy: um...omg, you are so right! It's like half a picture.. hellooo.. what was I thinking? thank you for pointing that out.. I'll try again and maybe not end up with a pic that looks like it was cropped off halfway down lol. thanks Gary.

I really appreciate all the help i got on this photo...thanks everyone.
    Kit

Thread Information