Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Compact Flash card problem

I am not able to download images to my computer from my compact flash card. I have used this card in the past and then formated the card before using again. This time when it is in my camera, I can review the images, but when I plug it into my computer, the computer sees it as empty. I purchases a new card, used it in the camera and was able to download the images into the computer with no problem. Is there another way I can get the images from the first card onto my computer? When I put the that card back into my digital camera, the images are still there and still show up on the camera.

Thank you for your help,
    Kelly

There are a couple of ways to get images onto your computer - thru "drag & drop" or with the software that came with the camera. I doubt one method will work if the other doesn't but it might be worth a try. There are also programs like imagerescue and photorescue which might help you in a situation like this.

Taking a shot in the dark - I had a problem with getting my PC to find my CF card when I got my first digital camera. I bought a Lexar card which came bundled with a card reader, so that's how I was trying to do it. It worked fine by connecting the camera to the PC, but not the reader. Turns out that card was not compatible with the card reader (usually a reader is a reader). If you're using a Lexar card and their Jumpshot reader, the card has to have a USB logo on the back of it. Just a thought.

Thread Information