Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

Hi folks,

Just want to thank you all for posting concerns about bestpricecameras.

I had just placed an order but felt something was wrong when they called to ask which battery I wanted. The call was dropped and when I tried to call back using the # from caller ID it did not go through. Concerned I got online and found this forum. The info helped a lot, thanks. I've called and canceled my order hopefully that is the end of it.

Angry Re: USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

I ordered a Canon professional series lens and wanted overnight delivery.

2 business days later, a rep from the www.BestPriceCameras.com calls and first thing tries to get me to agree to the inferior Sigma lens. He told me it was just as good, actually better, for the camera I have (Canon Digital Rebel XTi).

I told him it isn't, said I wasn't interested and asked how long it would be until I got the lens I ordered.

He said 3 weeks.

I said that won't do and I want to cancel my order.

He said, "Fine, not a problem." - and hung up on me! No confirmation that the order has been canceled, not a goodbye, sorry we couldn't help you, and all that nice stuff a good company that wants to keep customers does.

I tried to call the number that my Caller ID said called - it was a bad number.

I called the customer service number and talked to a guy there who sounded slightly nicer, but still a weasel. He confirmed who I talked to and that the order had been canceled.

Then I asked to speak to the first guy's manager.

The manager made no apologies. I accused him of bait-and-switch. He had no defense. I told him about the above rudeness. His reply was "That's weird. Chris has been with us for years and we've never got a complaint about him."

It is obvious from 5 minutes of interaction with these people that all they want is to speak to suckers they can pull their crap on. As soon as they get someone who is on to them, they get rid of them as soon as possible.

Don't! Don't! Don't do business with this company!
    -edj

Someone took a picture of the ACTUAL location of the address listed on bestpricecameras.com's website (see link below). Bestpricecameras.com say that they are located in:

1938 McDonald Ave
    Brooklyn, NY 11223

See picture: http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0218.htm

If this won't make you stop from buying from Bestpricecameras.com, I don't what will.

We have had a horrid encounter with Best Price Cameras. They have scammed us big time. We ordered Nikon pkg-online-several days later- rep. called to tell us the 18-200 Nikon lens we ordered with the camera was a cheap inferior plastic lens. We should get a high quality Sigma to make our pkg really top notch. After arguing for well over 45 minutes that we didn"t want the Sigma lens- the obnoxious rude salesman finally wore us down and we gave in to his sales pitch. After a long sleepless night, we decided we wanted the Nikon lens we originally ordered - regardless of any salesman's advice. After numerous attempts at extention 202 - and 11 days after our original order was placed- to our surprise!!!!!!!OUR LENS HAD NEVER BEEN IN STOCK AND WAS NOT EXPECTED IN STOCK IN THE NEAR FUTURE. It costs money to talk to these people. Each time they want more money - battery is extra, charger, memory card etc. You would think you would get some things with a kit. Thank goodness we put this on our credit card - so we are in the process of disputing this issue now. Once this is resolved we will need input of a good reputable company to buy a good Nikon D80. Do not deal with Best Price Cameras!!!!!! They are fast talking scam artists!!!!!! Sad that we didn't explore this site before ordering. Our best to all.

Freelance Photographer

Well, recently, I placed an order at USA photo nation, and then found this forum. So I immediately tried to cancel my order via phone, but their "customer service" branch was closed. I tried for about 20 minutes to try to cancel, the people I spoke to kept beating around the bush transferring me between two people. I got sick of it so I hung up. I got home, tried again, within 7 minutes, I was talking to a "customer service representative" and had successfully canceled my order. Based on what I read here, I assumed that canceling would have been much harder than it was. But then again, I could have gotten lucky.

Re: USA Photo Nation...BEWARE!!!!

I purchased a Sony DCR-SR100 camcorder, wide angle lens, UV filter, and 8 hour rechargeable battery, also USA Photo Nation gave me a free camera case. The sales person said that USA Photo Nation would send me the best wide angle lens they had.

I received a Sony DCR-SR100 camcorder, wide angle lens with a value of about $25 retail, UV filter that did not thread on my camcorder correctly, a 2 hour rechargeable battery instead of an 8 hour and a camera case. Also when I tried the wide angle lens on my camcorder and it was like looking through a coke bottle clipping the corners of the video frame.

I phoned USA Photo Nation and told them and they gave me an RMA return authorization number, they said I could keep the 2 hour rechargeable battery.

(Posting 1) I returned the wide angle lens and UV Filter.

I received back a box with just an empty wooden lens box in it, no wide angle lens, no UV filter and no 8 hour battery.

I phoned USA Photo Nation about the mistake and they said that they would send me what I ordered.

Package came but you forgot to send the UV filter also the wide angle lens is the exact same one as they sent the first time and I told them it did not work correctly in my camera.

I took my camcorder and wide angle lens to a professional camera shop and tried one of there wide angle lenses in my camcorder and it worked just fine the sales person told me that USA Photo Nations wide angle lens was not worth the price I paid.

I phoned USA Photo Nation telling them about the problem and they gave me the royal runaround, finally they said they would not give me an RMA number and they would charge me a 15% restocking fee.

(Posting 2) I sent the wide angle lens back for a replacement; after I sent it I noticed they also sent me the wrong battery, the battery they sent was a Power 2000 that is too large to fit my camcorder.

(Posting 3) I sent the battery back using the United States Postal Service but this time with a signed confirmation but U.S.P.S. delivered the package Friday afternoon and they were closed Friday afternoon and all day Saturday, now it is up to USA Photo Nation to go to the post office to pick it up but to this date they have not done so.

I have been in contact with Discover Card Dispute Department Mr. Kevin Pickett but he said USA Photo Nation is claming that they did not receive back any merchandise from me but I have conformation slips from the United States Postal Service that prove else wise, but Mr. Kevin Pickett said the U.S.P.S. conformation slips only shows that they were delivered to Brooklyn New York and do not show the full mailing address but I pointed out that the post office did not include my full mailing address when they sent the parcel to me.

I have also been in contact with the United States Postal Service regarding this issue and the manager gave me the U.S.P.S. policies. I faxed them to Discover Card Dispute Department care of Mr. Kevin Pickett but with no results they are still taking the side of USA Photo Nation. Mr. Kevin Picket told me that I could have sent the packages to a friend in Brooklyn New York. Discover Card even closed my case just on the words of USA Photo Nation.

Items I do not have in my possession are:
    1) Wide angle lens that fits my Sony DCR-SR100 camcorder.
    2) UV filters that fits my Sony DCR-SR100 camcorder.

Conclusion to this matter is I wish I did not do business with USA Photo Nation because of there bad business practices.

Do you have photoes of these locations?
    USA Photo Nation, 1554 61st Street, Brooklyn, NY 11219
    USA Photo Nation, Ltd., 164-15 Jamaica Avenue, Jamaica, NY 11432

Quote Originally Posted by Arctirus
    I've never heard of either. If the prices are significantly lower than those of B&H or Adorama I'd be very weary. Just because they advertise in the back of a popular photo magazine doesn't make them reputable.
    *Bestpricecameras and Enterprise are not advertising in the back of a photography magazine the are found on Pricegraber, Nextag, Bizrate price comparison search sites on google when u google a product.*

Thank you guys for givingyour feedbackon these scam artists. I knew such a low price on a dsr pd170 was too good to be true. I ordered it, agreed to one price, my reciept reflected another. I immediately called my bank and closed out the card i used to buy it, sent an unfriendly e-mail and requested that they do not contact me. Though, I do believe they probably still will. thanks again.:mad2:

BestPriceCameras the BEST of the lying, fraud, bait & switch internet stores. I ordered a Panasonic DSC-H5 and a whole bunch of stuff (a nice order) and then they had the nerve to tell me that camera doesn't come with the quoted accessories, or USA warranty and would cost an additional $300. Luckily I cancelled the order, insisted that they e-mail me a notice of cancellation and called my CC company to cancel my card and send me a new one! Whew, lucky to get out alive! STAY AWAY! and tell the world about these crooks! John Jay the deflizard

Before you buy from any store you dont know check them out in www.resellerratings.com ... and always remember if the price is too good to be true... it probably is... camera dealers make usually 10-12% profit margin on the camera and direct collateral gear...if the price difference is more than that... 99.9% of the time its a scam of some sort...
    Ross Mealey of TRJ Photography
    Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum Staff Photographer
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon, Sigma, Mamiya, Toyo,and Rodenstock-Sironar

My Railroad Photography

if i dont call nor answer the calls from them will they still bill me?

Thumbs down Re: USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

Feedback About BestPriceCameras.com
    Never buy anything from them.
    I ordered Sony Handicam for $469. I got the confirmation e-mail from them, regarding the order and mentioning that someone would contact me within 48 Hrs. After that no activity in my mail box or phone from them. Not only this I tried calling their customer support at-least 10 times, but no proper response. I lost other better deals, which were available over internet on that weekend because of that. On wednesday, when I called 11th time, they said, your order is backordered for 6 weeks and I was not even informed about it. I cancelled the order and hopefully saved myself from any future problems because of the.
    in the bold:
    NEVER BUY A CAMERA FROM BESTPRICECAMERAS.COM
    THEY HAVE POOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT
    NO CUSTOMER VALUE, WHEN CUSTOMER CALLS
    NO INFORMATION AVAILABLE ONCE YOU FINISH ORDERING ONLINE
    THEY PROVIDE 1000 DIFFERENT ATTRACTIONS ON THE WEB PAGE, BUT ALL OF THEM LOOK FAKE

KSD

This place has to be a complete fraud.
    I called to ask about a Canon Xti - gotthe answer "not in stock" and then got hung up on - no other dialogue - frustrating after a 10 min wait. This happened twice. I really just wanted ot know what brand lens came with the camera as the web site did not say.

I called the manager to complain about the sales service. He got mad at me for dragging him out of a meeting! He said "what difference does it make what the brand is". I complained about his attitude and the reflection on the trustworthyness of the site - he said "call a competitor, but they're all New Yorkers and I will get the same"...pretty insulting if you're form NY.

I was simply calling to give him feedback on the customer service in his store, but it is clear this is a company policy. I am not convinced this store / web site has any legitimate business and I strongly urge that everyone avoid them.

After I had placed an order with USA Photonation.com I recieved an email saying..

Dear Customer,

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL NO ONE WILL RECEIVE IT - THIS IS A SYSTEM GENERATED
    EMAIL

We are attempting to contact you regarding your order. Please call us at
    1-800-872-3143 or 1-347-394-1380 and speak to Eddie extension 243 in regards to
    your order.

I had to wait until today because they're closed over the weekends. When I called, I couldn't believe my ears because just answering the phone there was the rudest person I have ever heard. HE had the rudest tone of voice you could EVER imagine.
    I said"Hi, I'm calling regarding my order. I received and email from you"
    Eddie"What's your order number?"
    ME"um......(looking around)
    Eddie"Give me you last name"
    Eddie"What will you be using the camcorder for?
    Me" Video"
    Eddie"You ordered a Chinese made Canon GL2 is that what you want? No, I want the American made one. It didn't say it was Chinese on the site?

I double checked and nowhere it said that it wasn't made in USA or made in China.

Eddie if you want the USA one you have to type in GL"space"2 at www.???????

ME"what?"

Eddie (said it fast and I still never understood what he was really saying??)

I said" I'm trying to type it in, could you repeat it please?"

then all I heard was hold music.....................

I thought it was weird because they're called "USA Photonation" afterall.

after this I went straight to the Better Business Bureau online and they have a lot of complaints. I filed one too. They had two different locations but I used their number and both are theirs.
    They false advertise, they're Liars & Rude, not to mention the bait and switch deal.

www.resellerratings.com

If you havent looked... you havent researched your purchase well enough... dont buy from either of those locations...
    Ross Mealey of TRJ Photography
    Berkshire Scenic Railway Museum Staff Photographer
    National Press Photographers Assn. Member (NPPA)
    Canon, Sigma, Mamiya, Toyo,and Rodenstock-Sironar

My Railroad Photography

I just placed an order with BestPriceCameras.com and it was the worst experience I have ever had on the web! BEWARE, the prices are too good and they are scammers! The cameras they advertise are basic and have no cables, batteries, chargers, or drivers. Once you order they call you and add about $800 to your oder than you thought you were paying. When I refused, he told me there would be a 8% charge for canceling an order. This is never stated on the website. They are scammers! Then they try to give you all these upgrades and free stuff to stop you from canceling. The guy was such a scam artist. I asked for his number and called him back to cancel and he ended up hanging up on me because I refused to sign a paper agreeing to pay 8%. They are awful, don't ever order from them!!!!!

Angry Re: USA Photo Nation or BestPriceCameras.com??

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Has anyone dealt with these online companies??? If they are somewhat reputable...I may be able to get my CoolPix 8800 sooner than I had hoped.
    Ken
    Stay away from BestPriceCameras.com. If the prices seem too good to be true, it is because they are. I waited a month for an order on a canon camera that never came, then I had to call them to discover they did not even have a supplier! Needless to say, I cancelled the order and paid the extra price to get it through Amazon, probably the most legitimate internet seller out there.
    NC Camera Guy

The company is a completely Rip-Off, to see details, please follow tis link: http://icinteractivedesign.com/USAphotonation.html

I just looked on Resellersratings.com and their rating is less then "1", it's a
    I don't know if this is the lowest ratings of any store but it would have
    to be close. The on-line store I deal with has a 9.88 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by stnb
    Has anybody else noticed that everyday the price & package details change ?
    YES!!! It keeps on increasing!
    USA Photo Nation's Canon EOS 5D's most expensive kit was around 2700.00 dollars about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't able to buy it right away. Then I found out a few day ago that it was raised to almost 4 thousand, and now it's raised again to about 4,200.00 dollars. This is so unreasonable that force me to do some research about this site, so I find this place. Thank god I didn't buy anything from them yet. They are so not trusted.

Thank you all for your advices. :blush2:

Try clicking on the two addresses below and check out their ratings! Jeff

Best price camera
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Infiniti_Photo_3

USA Photo nation
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store/USA_Photo_Nation

There are a lot of people that do research on the Internet looking for information about camera equipment and where to purchase items they are interested in. We have many people that find our site that have purchased from online dealers that they have had good or bad experiences on their order they would like to share. For the ones that take the time out and register here to give us valuable information with their online adventures in buying I would just like to take this time to thank you and invite you to stay around and become an active member of our community of photographers.

I think buy hanging out here and becoming active you will learn many new things and find new friends also. So stick around and enjoy the fun, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your sharing:thumbsup:

I am new to this site, glad I found it. I have been trying to purchase a canon 50D on line for the past week. I thought I found a good deal with On Time Digital for $389.00. After I received the confirmation about the order, they said that they would send a tracking number in a few days. After a couple of days and no communication from them, I called and that is when they told me that it was on backorder and that it would be 3 to 4 weeks. I did not want to wait that long and asked the person to cancell my order. I received an email cancelling my order. I continued to look for the camera and found that Prophotonation.com had it for $419.00- I placed the order. I received an email with a confirmation number. They listed my state incorrectly so I tried calling them back to let them know. Their sales line was out of order, and their customer service line had a recording to leave a message. After several attemps, I spoke to someone in customer service, I gave her the address change and I asked if they had the camera in stock. She said that she did not know and that the shipping department would contact me. At this point I was getting concerned especially after I thought I heard a baby in the background when I was talking to her. Here it is Saturday and their store is closed. I tried going back to their website and they are no longer taking orders. They give you an email address to check on your order but it comes back. To cut to the chase, I called my bank and cancelled my card. I got lucky. By what I have been reading all these company sound the same.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information