Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Prestige Camera....BAD!!!!

[QUOTE=Cindi]
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgnoi1
    Curious if anyone does look at store reviews before purchasing?

Yes, I was getting ready to order a Canon G9 for my mom's birthday and decided to see if there were any reviews on the seller. Fortunately I came across this site before ordering. They just lost a $500 sale.

Ditto - I too look up reviews before I purchase anything online from a non-household name. It sounds like Prestige or any other name they go by is NOT a legitimate company. I LOATHE scammers!!! I hope they get what they deserve and more people read these reviews before buying from their company.

Also, I really think anyone who posts positive remarks about this company, most likely works for them!

Quote Originally Posted by SWHL28
    08-06-2008. I ordered a Samsung 50” HD TV from PRESTIGECAMERA.COM because it showed the best price on the EveryPrice.com web site and the Users’ Rating seemed very high. Although it’s the first time I saw the EveryPrice.com web site I placed the order. Mistake #1! The next day I received a email asking me to contact them by phone. That’s when I was told that there’s no Samsung warranty and tried to sell their own expensive warranty. Then I was told a lot of accessories, including the pedestal, were all extras.

Before long I started to get a bad feeling so I asked to cancel the order. Now here’s the best part: He hung up on me without a word. Of course I initially thought in was cut off by mistake so I waited for 5 minutes for him to call back. When it didn’t happen I called him back and asked whether I was cut off. He said “You wanted to cancel this order so it was cancelled as of today”. In other words he actually hang up on me when I asked for the cancellation. Bad Mistake on my part. Buyers…BEWARE! I don’t know how EveryPrice.com came up with such high Merchant Ratings from thousands of users for PrestigeCamera. Check Merchant’s rating in other places!

Well, I also fell victim to their SCAM! A very similiar thing happened to me.
    Here's what I wrote back to thier Customer Support people:

"I am writing regarding order number xxxx Your operator first told me I needed HDMI cables and how many do I want? I do not need any cables, I already have them. Then he asked me what surge protector I want. I do not need one, I already have one. Then he told me that I need either a wall base or pedestal. I told him that I’ll use the one that comes with the TV. He said it doesn’t come with one and to check Samsung’s website. So I checked their website, it shows the TV coming with the pedestal. I tried to explain to him that if this product is brand new like stated in your website that I should not need to purchase a separate pedestal. I told him to ship it without one, I’ll buy it elsewhere. He then told me he could ship it but the TV would not be returnable. According to your website there is a 21 day satisfaction guarantee. Why would you tell me that I could not return it you were not shipping a valid product?
    I believe your company is using a bait and switch technique and is not a true representation of the products you are claiming to sell. I will be reporting this website and your company to law authorities. If any charge appears on my credit card I will be taking action of criminal charges and fraud against you."

After I didn't buy any of his other recommended items or falling for any more scamming, he immeditaely gave me a cancellation number. I called my credit card company to make sure there were no charges on the account. I then asked the credit card company to canel the card and send me a new one with a different account number. When I made the order I had to put in my CC number therefore it gets stored in their database somewhere. By cancelling the card they can no longer use it.

How do I contact the Better Business Bureau? Would I need to call the BBB in New York since that is where they are located or call the BBB where I live?

Re: Prestige Camera....SUPER BAD!!!!

I thought I found a good deal on the internet for a Panasonic Video Camera at Prestige Camera. I don't normally trust internet seller. However this company posted a "Customer Certified Prestige & Reputation" LOGO. I trusted the logo on the face value, which turned out to be just a home made logo without any certifying bodies.

I placed the order through and sure enough after 3 days I received an email to call them. After numerous attempts, either due to 800-432-2186 number was busy, I got my calls dropped while waiting to get transfered to "another" agent.

I finally got to speak to an agent who "reviewed" my order. Finally, here is the response, "Do you know that the video camera that you ordered does not come with Battery or AC adapter?. It is described on the website. If you want battery and adapter, we can include them for a good deal of $49.99"??????????????.

I promptly ask them to cancel my order and will be watching my credit card for any attempt from "Prestige" camera to bill my credit card illegally. I cannot understand how you expect one to buy a camera without battery or AC adapter. I was tempted to ask if the camera comes with the electronic circuit inside or just the plastic body??????.

Thumbs down Re: Prestige Camera....BAD!!!! and Broadway and Techon

I wish I had looked here first. I ordered a gps (lowest price) from prestige and was called to advise me that the unit only had 2007 edition maps. Following their usual scam, I was told that I could upgrade to 2008 maps for only $69 more or $149 for 2009.

I cancelled the order because it sounded like a scam and told them so. I also mentioned I would call one of the other places that had low prices. The guy laughed and said, you'll just be talking to us again. He was right! I called Broadway and go the same scam. Then I call Techon Digital and get the same scam except I need a special SD card.

So I called Garmin tech support. They told me that unit wasn't produced in 2007! In fact it is new in 2008 and the shipping units have 2009 maps. And if you get one with 2008 maps, the upgrade is a free download.

While this is not true for ALL such stores in the NY area, it is true that the scam artists do close all day Saturday. Enough said.

Major agree on this. I ordered a flat screen TV for the mandatory Christmas present for the wife and then the weirdness started. I should have known. The emails/no emails/need to call to confirm/oh the 'TV' I ordered doesn't even come with and stand!!!'/You bastards....etc etc.

I have canceled my credit card and removing my phone from the wall.

Where can we complain so that this does not happen to any others when they are actually seeing PC's ads???

Thanks,

There is power in numbers. Just don't use the same numbers as my credit card

Had problems with these clowns a while ago when I ordered a camera which turned out to be a foreign model with a different kind of plug. Not mentioned in the ads. Eventually got a plug but would never deal with them again. :mad2:

Mamma MIA! I cannot believe it!!

Looking for a Samsung LCD LN32A550, I found a very good deal, to good to be true ($627). Guess witch site? Yes, Prestigecamera.com. I decided to investigate online what was the real deal.
    Of course I WILL NOT ORDER THE TV.
    They can keep LCD and STAND (you all know what they can do with the stand).

Thank you everybody!

nettiebelle12

I ordered and received a camera body from them about a year and a half ago. Of course I had a bad experience, so I swore off them forever.

This morning out of the blue they left me a message on my phone: "This is Chris from Prestige Camera regarding an order you placed online for a camera, please call me so I can confirm the order and get it shipped out."

What a scam! NO WAY I'm calling them back, they'll just try to sell me more stuff.

EveryPrice.com web site and the Users’ Rating seemed very high. Although it’s the first time I saw the EveryPrice.com web site I placed the order. Mistake #1! The next day I received a email asking me to contact them by phone. That’s when I was told that there’s no Samsung warranty and tried to sell their own expensive warranty. Then I was told a lot of accessories, including the pedestal, were all extras.

Before long I started to get a bad feeling so I asked to cancel the order. Now here’s the best part: He hung up on me without a word. Of course I initially thought in was cut off by mistake so I waited for 5 minutes for him to call back. When it didn’t happen I called him back and asked whether I was cut off. He said “You wanted to cancel this order so it was cancelled as of today”. In other words he actually hang up on me when I asked for the cancellation. Bad Mistake on my part. Buyers…BEWARE! I don’t know how EveryPrice.com came up with such high Merchant Ratings from thousands of users for PrestigeCamera. Check Merchant’s rating in other places!

Well, I also fell victim to their SCAM! A very similiar thing happened to me.
    Here's what I wrote back to thier Customer Support people:

"I am writing regarding order number xxxx Your operator first told me I needed HDMI cables and how many do I want? I do not need any cables, I already have them. Then he asked me what surge protector I want. I do not need one, I already have one. Then he told me that I need either a wall base or pedestal. I told him that I’ll use the one that comes with the TV. He said it doesn’t come with one and to check Samsung’s website. So I checked their website, it shows the TV coming with the pedestal. I tried to explain to him that if this product is brand new like stated in your website that I should not need to purchase a separate pedestal. I told him to ship it without one, I’ll buy it elsewhere. He then told me he could ship it but the TV would not be returnable. According to your website there is a 21 day satisfaction guarantee. Why would you tell me that I could not return it you were not shipping a valid product?
    I believe your company is using a bait and switch technique and is not a true representation of the products you are claiming to sell. I will be reporting this website and your company to law authorities. If any charge appears on my credit card I will be taking action of criminal charges and fraud against you."

After I didn't buy any of his other recommended items or falling for any more scamming, he immeditaely gave me a cancellation number. I called my credit card company to make sure there were no charges on the account. I then asked the credit card company to canel the card and send me a new one with a different account number. When I made the order I had to put in my CC number therefore it gets stored in their database somewhere. By cancelling the card they can no longer use it.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Thank you for the report, Shae!
    The more we get, the more likely others will find them before they get took.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Before I give you an account of my horrible experience with Prestige Camera I just want to thank and acknowledge all of the other forum members who were considerate enough to include their own personal experience.

About a year ago I was doing some research online to buy a new camcorder. I happened to land on Prestige Camera's website and was really drawn in by the low prices. I found the Panasonic SDR H40 P camera and placed my order. In addition to this camera I ordered an extended life battery.

When I finally received the camera after about a week it was the wrong model and I never received the extended life battery. After hours on the phone with their awful customer service they told me that what I purchased was part of a package that was manufactured in Japan, not in the U.S. So really they falsely advertised and sent me a lower model WITHOUT THE BATTERY.

After a few attempts with customer service and even the manager, all they could do to compromise was give me a four year warranty for up to $400. This sounded great until I discovered that their warranty company, RepairTech, is now out of business. Make sure if you guys have had a similar problem that you call the FTC at 1-877-382-4357 and the New Jersey's attorney general's office to file a complaint at (800) 242-5846.

So all together I had a terrible experience with Prestige Camera and would advise mostly anyone to stay clear from them. Go to a physical storefront for your electronics or reliable websites like B&H or Amazon.com

So farr
    KEH has been very professional.
    Their rating on used equipment is very accurate .
    Their customer support and sales people are top notch.
    KEH is highly recommended by me.
    B&H is professional
    Adorama is OK too
    Cameta Camera has good service but prices kinda high
    Last edited by LoserDave; 12-06-2009 at 03:45 PM.

Unhappy Re: Prestige Camera....BAD!!!!

I purchased a Garmin 755 GPS in December of 2008. My package included
    a 5 yr. extended warrenty.

In May 2010 I contacted Presitge as my Garmin would not hold a battery charge.

I was told that the used a 3rd party for the extended warrenty and that company
    had gone out of business and Prestige would not do anything for me

So much for my 5 year warrenty--THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM

Quote Originally Posted by larsonlewis
    I purchased a Garmin 755 GPS in December of 2008. My package included
    a 5 yr. extended warrenty.

In May 2010 I contacted Presitge as my Garmin would not hold a battery charge.

I was told that the used a 3rd party for the extended warrenty and that company
    had gone out of business and Prestige would not do anything for me

So much for my 5 year warrenty--THIS COMPANY IS A SCAM
    Sorry to hear about your experience, but I would like to thank you for posting the information, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tantric Massage

I'm extremely delighted to of joined up with this community forum and I'm looking forward to talking with everyone within here over time

Re: Tantric Massage

Quote Originally Posted by ABRASSETOTT View Post
    I'm extremely delighted to of joined up with this community forum and I'm looking forward to talking with everyone within here over time
    Welcome aboard, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information