Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Unhappy with Mack Camera

Let me first say that in the past, I had been satisfied with Mack Camera. The prices are fair when purchased from a good dealer such as BH Camera or Adorama.....HOWEVER, I have recently gotten

horrible service....information is vague, when they post that camera is sent to manufacturer, and you press them (I did call manufacturer and they never had the camera) they tell you they sent it to a certified repair place....hmmm oh and they are hard to reach by phone. I'm still waiting for my camera and although I was told I was going to get it by today (they were on speaker phone others heard conversation) I was today told I may see my camera NEXT week.

Re: Unhappy with Mack Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Mreiman1
    Let me first say that in the past, I had been satisfied with Mack Camera. The prices are fair when purchased from a good dealer such as BH Camera or Adorama.....HOWEVER, I have recently gotten

horrible service....information is vague, when they post that camera is sent to manufacturer, and you press them (I did call manufacturer and they never had the camera) they tell you they sent it to a certified repair place....hmmm oh and they are hard to reach by phone. I'm still waiting for my camera and although I was told I was going to get it by today (they were on speaker phone others heard conversation) I was today told I may see my camera NEXT week.
    Just in case you don't see my response where you posted this complaint at dcresource.com......

I don't know whether you purchased the warranty via Adorama, but just in case you did, I've notified the Director of sales at Mack of your complaint. I hope this helps, but do email me if I can offer any other assistance.

NB Do you happen to know whether your unit is a US version or grey market? If the latter, it may explain the delay.
    Last edited by HelenOster; 03-02-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Mark as I posted in the other threads you have posted this on, Im not sure which manufacturer you spoke to but we use a network of over 50 different manufacturers for many different brands of camera. Not all units go directly to the original company manufacturer because it gives you (the customer) a shorter turn-around time to actually get your camera back in your hands.

As for contacting us we have spoken multiple times now so I am not sure how we could make our communication better for you. Again, if you wish to speak about this matter further please contact me via email or phone.

Thank you

Welcome to PhotographyREVIEW.com and thanks for posting, Kevin. We love it when camera dealer, camera repair and camera manufacturer representatives post on the site
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Your camera was at the Pentax repair center (United Camera Repair). That is who Pentax tells us to send the cameras to. They are the authorized Pentax repair center.
    We and United found nothing wrong with the camera. You have been spoken to by Mack multiple times and we can not get anywhere. You claim that it is out of focus and all the computers and shots we take show that the camera is fine.

Have you considered telling us what camera equipment you have, what your setting were and posting an example of a picture that is out of focus. We may be able to help you figure out what the problem is. Are you manually focusing the camera? Maybe we can help if you provide us with some information, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

*2/5 *posted Feb-25-2011

*This review was modified by Mreiman2 on February 25 2011 09:55:30 AM
    comment on review | report review Helpful | Cool

My camera was sent to Mack in January 7th... And it was never fixed. it was sent back, still broken, sent back to Mack ABSOLUTELY lied to about what was happening...I got the truth from United Image/binocular, then Pentax helped....Mack said they approved an estimate but Pentax hadn't finished the estimate until April 1st.....I sent them the camera the 2nd time on March 7th or so.....nice job Mack! I'd never use Mack again...their service might be US based and they were good but, like Dell...they were good and now....not so good.

I was told that I will not see my camera for another 2 weeks. Mack has been giving me the run-around. But I did track the camera from Mack to united imaging/binocular to Pentax. Pentax said they first got an estimate on April first but according to Mack, they told me they gave United an approval on March 19th. I was told by Mack that when Pentax is done they will send it to United who in turn sends it to Mack who will then send it to me. I have been without my DSLR since January. Is there ANYTHING you can do for me. Macks website estimates repair times of 15 or so working days. This is not fair and Mack is definitely a horrible product.

*2/5 *posted Feb-25-2011

My camera was sent to Mack in January 7th... And it was never fixed. it was sent back, still broken, sent back to Mack ABSOLUTELY lied to about what was happening...I got the truth from United Image/binocular, then Pentax helped....Mack said they approved an estimate but Pentax hadn't finished the estimate until April 1st.....I sent them the camera the 2nd time on March 7th or so.....nice job Mack! I'd never use Mack again...their service might be US based and they were good but, like Dell...they were good and now....not so good.

I was told that I will not see my camera for another 2 weeks. Mack has been giving me the run-around. But I did track the camera from Mack to united imaging/binocular to Pentax. Pentax said they first got an estimate on April first but according to Mack, they told me they gave United an approval on March 19th. I was told by Mack that when Pentax is done they will send it to United who in turn sends it to Mack who will then send it to me. I have been without my DSLR since January. Is there ANYTHING you can do for me. Macks website estimates repair times of 15 or so working days. This is not fair and Mack is definitely a horrible product.

BTW, theft did find that the circuit board was bad...it was not in my head....and your service is still horrible!!!!

*2/5 *posted Feb-25-2011

BTW, theft did find that the circuit board was bad...it was not in my head....and your service is still horrible!!!!

As Mack Camera’s Customer Relations Supervisor, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that we may have caused you thus far. Your unit was sent to an authorized repair facility in order to expedite the repair. Unfortunately, your repair requires parts that are on delay from the manufacturer. This is a situation that is beyond our control. In order to return your unit as quickly as possible, I can have the repair facility ship your unit directly to you. Again, we apologize for the long repair time for this particular repair and we appreciate your patience during this process. Please feel free to contact me via email at helpdesk@mackcam.com shoul you require further assistance.
    Thank you,
    Desiree
    Customer Relations Supervisor
    Mack Camera and Video Service Inc.

Alarmy

Hi everybody! I am from Denmark and would like to say hello!

Thread Information