ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Your Favorite Image

Well for my 2200 post i thought I should do something special, so instead of showing off one of my own images I am going to pose a difficult question for most to answer, and I'm quite sure very easy for some others.

What I want to know is this: What is your favorite image that has been posted on PR.com by another photographer?

Please keep in mind that this is not meant as a declaration of my favorite photog, and has little to do with technique or anything like that at all. This is just an image that I enjoy very, very much. And I truly appreciate Brian for sharing it.

Please share your favorites here as well.

Here is mine:

~Brian Schiele~
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: Your Favorite Image

Holy ka-ching, batman, are you a mind reader??????

Seriously, almo, I was sitting around THIS MORNING trying to figure out how to word a post where I would ask, "please state your favorite photo by another PR photographer." Or maybe, I thought, perhaps I should ask people to state their favorite photo that they remember for each PR photographer.

And the whole REASON I even thought this up, almo, was YOU. I was thinking about how my favorite photo that I've ever seen of yours was your body landscape. (And I was triggered to remember it by a quote in JANE magazine, about photographing nudes.)

So. Here it is, a post already here, asking the very question I was thinking of soliciting earlier today.

::::drumroll::::

almo, my favorite shot of yours was your body landscape. I have never seen anything like it as effective as you captured before or since.

I guess this is it, but I wasn't aware that you've added a bird to it:

Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean

Seriously, almo, I was sitting around THIS MORNING trying to figure out how to word a post where I would ask, "please state your favorite photo by another PR photographer." Or maybe, I thought, perhaps I should ask people to state their favorite photo that they remember for each PR photographer.

And the whole REASON I even thought this up, almo, was YOU. I was thinking about how my favorite photo that I've ever seen of yours was your body landscape. (And I was triggered to remember it by a quote in JANE magazine, about photographing nudes.)

So. Here it is, a post already here, asking the very question I was thinking of soliciting earlier today.

::::drumroll::::

almo, my favorite shot of yours was your body landscape. I have never seen anything like it as effective as you captured before or since.
    Wow. I just picked up my jaw off my desk, so I can type now. Thanks so much for the compliment.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

"Artisaliethatmakesusreali zetruth" PlantedTao's Avatar

This picture inspires me and fuels my need to get out and shoot.
    One word to desrcibe it: CLASSIC

Marathon Man by Tuna:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Your Favorite Image-mara11b_wcropped2.jpg  
    I'm always mentally photographing everything as practice.
    Minor White

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean

I guess this is it, but I wasn't aware that you've added a bird to it:
    There are 2 or 3 versions of hat image. Here is the original....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    John Cowan
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Good idea for a post, but my concern is with posting other people's work. We try not to do that here out of respect for the photographer, but I realize this is a different situation than the usual copy 'n paste you see on other (usually non-photo related) forums. Maybe people posting other people's images should still ask the photographer first though...

I'm sure the photographer would also want to know why someone wants to post their shot - it's always nice to get a compliment on your work.

I have so many

I love Charles Hess' s glamour work, couldn't pick a favorite there. PJ's mountain bike shots, Dennis's (dsl712) wedding stuff, Sebastian's Millenium Park photos, Almo's self portraits, I really like that one Rick did with the flower, Asylum Steve's fashion stuff, remember those photos Nat did for the pharmacy, .....

my list goes on and on. Which one is my specific favorite depends on my mood
    I sleep, but I don't rest.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: I have so many

Quote Originally Posted by adina
    I really like that one Rick did with the flower, my list goes on and on. Which one is my specific favorite depends on my mood
    When you're in the mood that mine is your favorite again shoot me PM about which one it is and I'll post it for you!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Gee Almo !
    I'm flattered, honored, etc......
    Thanks!
    What makes it your fav PR.com photo though? Expound upon that for me, please...
    I am torn on how I feel about that photograph. I enetered it in the recent Statewide Photo Competition and it didn't get in, but I do like it a lot.
    I did it on a trip to Moab last year, it is just off the Kane Creek Road.
    I for one can't pick just one photograph, there are too many!

Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Guys, after giving it some thought I'd really like you to get permission from the photographer before posting someone else's work. Better yet, have them post it and you can comment on it.

I see Charles Hess' name brought up, and I can see why. I loved seeing his work too but he's not an active member anymore so please contact him (this goes for everyone else too) before copying his work. You should be able to PM him from his profile.

There's the matter of copyright, and also the matter of respect to the photographer.

Thread Information