ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Your Coolest Stocking Stuffers?

I guess it's probably too early this year for most of you, but what are some cool stocking stuffers you've received in the past?

My girlfriend and I did our gift exchange last night. This year in my stocking I got two propacks of TriX 120 and four rolls of the new Velvia 50. How awesome is that? I plan to use the TriX in my Holga (did you hear that, Brian?). I never got to use the old Velvia 50, because I didn't know about it until it was already extinct, but I'm excited to try the new stuff. I put film on my Christmas list as a joke....never thought I'd actually get it.

Paul

Re: Your Coolest Stocking Stuffers?

Very cool Paul. My dad asked me a couple weekends ago if there was anything I needed for Christmas. Half jokingly as well, I said film and chemicals. Knowing I would be on vaca over Christmas and New Years, he stopped by a couple days after with money for me to stock right up. According to UPS tracking should have a couple bricks of Acros, a couple gray cards, and plenty of developer, fixer, and hypo waiting for me when I get home from work today

I found the coolest stocking stuffer though that I bought for Carla and her daughter, A BAG OF COAL
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Ha! That is cool. Wish I had seen that a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah, that coal would have come in handy! It's over a week until Christmas - you guys getting a little impatient?

Quote Originally Posted by another view
    ...It's over a week until Christmas - you guys getting a little impatient?
    Yeah. No, actually we leave for Colorado on Thursday morning, come back Sunday night, drive to East Texas Monday morning, and then drive back to Austin on Tuesday night. We're going to be busy, and we both have things going on this week before our trip, so it just made sense.

Nobody else has any cool stocking stuffers to talk about?!

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by photophorous
    How awesome is that?
    I plan to use the TriX in my Holga (did you hear that, Brian?). I put film on my Christmas list as a joke....never thought I'd actually get it.

Paul
    It sounds like she knows you pretty well!
    And maybe she even loves you too!

Film is a very serious matter my friend!
    I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
    Merry Christmas!
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

I think I am getting a usb drum mat from my father-in-law in my stocking this year, along with some sugar free candy, and cool survival gadgets.
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Well for the stocking I expect an IR filter for the Canon Powershot Pro 1, and a lasolite collapsible soft box thingy for my flash gun. Other than that main pressy my new PC is already in use, thanks to the old one failing last month.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Quote Originally Posted by photophorous
    I guess it's probably too early this year for most of you, but what are some cool stocking stuffers you've received in the past?

My girlfriend and I did our gift exchange last night. This year in my stocking I got two propacks of TriX 120 and four rolls of the new Velvia 50. How awesome is that? I plan to use the TriX in my Holga (did you hear that, Brian?). I never got to use the old Velvia 50, because I didn't know about it until it was already extinct, but I'm excited to try the new stuff. I put film on my Christmas list as a joke....never thought I'd actually get it.

Paul
    Beware.....When a girlfriend gives you film this is very serious. We will all stay tuned to see what develops! I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself, Jeff LOL
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    It sounds like she knows you pretty well!
    And maybe she even loves you too!
    She better!

Quote Originally Posted by mtbbrian
    Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by zrfraser
    I think I am getting a usb drum mat from my father-in-law in my stocking this year, along with some sugar free candy, and cool survival gadgets.
    Just how cool are these survival gadgets? I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Beware.....When a girlfriend gives you film this is very serious. We will all stay tuned to see what develops! I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself, Jeff LOL
    The irony is that she rarely lets me use the film on her. I have to sneak a shot like this one where she thought I was taking a picture of the cat.

And No, I didn't give her the cat. She was just playing with the bow.

Things like swiss army knives, MRE's, magnesium fire starters, things of that nature.
    Hell, there are no rules here-- we're trying to accomplish something.
    Thomas A. Edison

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    Thomas A. Edison

Thread Information