ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Question Where do you get prints made?

I'm going to be taking my twin daughters senior pics this week.. and it's got me wondering, where does one go, to get pics printed, that look 'professional'.. satin, die cut etc.. and will any printing services put the names at the bottom, in gold/silver/or black?

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Re: Where do you get prints made?

I get all my prints done at www.mpix.com I'm thrilled with the service they provide and the the price is very reasonable. I took senior pictures for a friends daughter, and her neice. I gave them the high res images they wanted on a CD and they ordered them from mpix. They loved the prints. They do wallets with rounded corners (die cut) and you can get them in matte or luster coating, as well as black and white, or with a metallic pearl finish to them. If you have a lot of photos to upload, they will send you a free CD mailer. Their packing is great and your order usually ships the next day.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by VanillaKisses
    I'm going to be taking my twin daughters senior pics this week.. and it's got me wondering, where does one go, to get pics printed, that look 'professional'.. satin, die cut etc.. and will any printing services put the names at the bottom, in gold/silver/or black?

whew... twin seniors.... do I feel for you! I hope they got full scholarships to college!

As for prints, beleive it or not.... Wal Mart... but the albums come from a photo store

JS

Michael.. I'll check that site out.. looks good so far!

JS... I usually get mine at walmart as well... But the girls want "satin" finish, and die cut, with their names, and all that jazz... so, wal-mart gets ruled out... this time.
    as for scholarships... they both have earned 2 free years at the local college.. and have applied for others

'nother vote for Mpix. Very fast turnaround and a lot of services offered. BTW, the name at the bottom is usually of the studio that took the picture and stamped on the print by the lab (at the request of the studio, and with an upcharge).

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

You could add the names to the photos yourself in photoshop too. Never tried it myself, but I bet it would work.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thread Information