Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
Ken-
The correct way to calibrate your monitor is to use monitor profiling software and hardware, like this: http://www.pcphotoreview.com/pscColo...3_4332crx.aspx

I think it's worth the money. All of my monitors have been profiled with the either the ColorVision Spyder or the GretagMacbeth equipment. You can also use the built-in Adobe Gamma tool. It's part of Photoshop and works pretty well. I wouldn't recommend trying to do it by eye. That really doesn't work very well. I've tried it a few times and the results have been pretty poor.
Well luckily most of my stuff is done the old fashioned way so I'm not as dependent on the profile of the monitor. I just want to make sure it looks decent on the internet or emails. But I am just as fussy as anybody else about how my pictures look so I obsess on other things. If I worked mostly digitally I would certainlly make sure my monitor was calibrated. But I'll bookmark the page and use it as a reference. But as long as your photos keep looking good on my monitor I know I am all right.