ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome!!

Re: Welcome!!

Hey all im new here, not to forums but new to photography.
    Right now I have just a basic point and shoot camera but I am currently shopping for a more advanced camera. That is why I am here to get some information and help.

I too am new to the site. Looking forward to an excellent 2012!!

Newbie with a basic Sony A35 Kit

Hi everyone,
    My name is Matthew and I'm new to photography, well photography with decent equipment that is. I was sick of taking all my pics on my iPhone and having great moments only captured with minimal clarity. So I jumped Into the world of DSLR with my first real camera. I got a Sony A35 for Christmas from my girlfriend and love it! I was trying to find out more info about my camera here but it doesn't seem like there is much info out there. So far I have just been playing with my camera and getting used to it but I plan on taking an intro to DSLR photography class to better figure out all the settings and capabilities of my new camera. If anyone has any suggestions on a good class to take in the Denver metro area I'm all ears.

Matt

Hello from the frozen tundra of Canada. I got a Canon T2i for Christmas. I have been trying to post a question on this forum,but I keep getting an error message saying I must have 5 posts,before I can post my question. Any ideas what I can do

Post 4 more messages. The '5 post' requirement is to help keep the spam away. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Anyone had any experience with Promaster filters? I want to buy a star filter.

Thanks.

Hi, I'm Paul, and I'm rediscovering photography. My dad was an enthusiast, a diehard Nikon man, who often shot family weddings and reunions, and did the odd bit of camera club activities. I was the one who got the job of carrying his 35lb Domke bag full of lenses, Vivitar flashes, film and batteries. I learned the basics on his Nikon FM2. I found it simpler to understand than his FE2. Later, I got my own Nikon, a slightly smaller body than the FE and FM series. Not sure what it was anymore. Eventually, I traded it in on an Olympus ZLR IS-1, which I loved. That camera died, and the shop didn't feel it was worth fixing. I downgraded to a Pentax Stylus, then got our first digital camera, a Casio Exilim point and shoot. This suited our family well, taking pictures of the kids for the grandparents, etc.

Recently, the Casio was displaying some disturbing problems, so I started shopping for another digital. This time I determined that I was holding out for something my wife could use easily, but I could do some more artistic stuff. After reading endless reviews on Nikons and Panasonic Lumix cameras, I stumbled across the Kodak Max Z990. The price was exceptional, the features very attractive, and I was hooked.

The last few weeks have been spent getting acquainted with the Kodak when opportunity allows. I'm relatively unfamiliar with digital photography, have basically just done snapshots up to this point. So I look forward to learning from more knowledgeable shutterbugs.

Old guy from San Jacinto

I'm Lawrence from San Jacinto,

It might seem as though I'm a gear-head because I have a lot of cameras and lenses, but a lot of them are old with stories about interesting colors and effects, for example the Olympus E-1 & E-500. And since I do a lot of hiking I like small stuff which a lot of the Olympus gear is, e.g., the E-420 & E-520. And for bad weather I have the Olympus E-3 and Pentax K20d -- although not so many weatherproofed lenses quite yet. San Jacinto is in Southern California which threatens more rain than it actually produces. I find that when it does rain I can slip my camera into its bag and get back to the Jeep before anything gets too wet.

I am interested in the artistic implications of digital and film photography. I believe that if photography had been in existence at the time Rembrandt painted, for example, he never would have felt a need to paint, but what does that mean for us? And if we ever do capture something that results in an outstanding photo, is that skill we can boast of or simply accident, good luck or good equipment?

I have a photo site which is all digital up until now, but I recently bought an Epson V600 scanner and "plan" to scan film photos from time to time and upload some of them to this site; which means I will be spending some amount of time with my OM-1MD, OM-2, etc.

While I don't think of myself as a gear-head, I am attracted to cameras and lenses that produce interesting effects, especially interesting colors -- with which, if I manage to use them properly, one might (if one feels charitable) see the vaguest hint of something some might term "art." I by no means claim that everything on my web site is art, merely that it is something I try to strive for when I shoot, and if I review my various galleries I usually find a few shots that I am not utterly ashamed of.

Lawrence

My first post too!

Hey all. Looks like this is the only place I can post right now. I FINALLY just made the upgrade from point and shoots to a DSLR. I have always been passionate about taking pictures. I have never really done any official research or work with it, but i finally have the budget to explore a little more.

I just bought a Canon Rebel XS for a pretty good price. I didn't need anything too flashy, since I don't know how I will take to DSLR's, but I am loving it so far. I look forward to getting some advice on accessories, and learning more about photography! My last camera was a high zoom compact Sony. Other than that, all of my cameras have been canons. I still have my little ELPH 300 for video and social shooting, but I am hoping to broaden my horizons immensely now that I finally have a DSLR!

Hi guys, my name is Levi. I've been interested in photography since I was 15 years old. I currently am a member of a local college and am working my way twords an associates degree in Commercial Photography. I shoot a Nikon D90 and D3000 as my backup.

Hi guys,
    I am Azam from Singapore. I am new to this forum and fairly new to photography and my son currently taking photography as a school extra curriculums activity so I hope by being here I can broaden my view on photography and help to my son.

hey guys,

i ahve been realy busy in building my website...

my school management software is finally out now...its called easymaster 6.0

Please visit the website guys...

easymaster dot biz

Your feedback is much appreciated!!

Hi there. Old guy here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Been into photography for about 40 years or so. Am a Super Moderator on a web site called Nikonites. Currently own a D200 with a D40 as backup. I'm kind of an eclectic photographer, as I like almost everything. Looking forward to participating, and helping, where I can.
    D200 - gripped
    D40

Quote Originally Posted by fotojack View Post
    Hi there. Old guy here from Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Been into photography for about 40 years or so. Am a Super Moderator on a web site called Nikonites. Currently own a D200 with a D40 as backup. I'm kind of an eclectic photographer, as I like almost everything. Looking forward to participating, and helping, where I can.
    Welcome, fotojack! Thanks for introducing yourself. You have to make ten replies in the forums before you can start a new thread. May I suggest checking out the Nikon forum and maybe the Photo Critique forum? What kind of stuff do you like to shoot?

By the way, my dad is from Calgary. I love Alberta and the Canadian Rockies
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Hi All - I found this site when looking for help with shooting basketball. Would love help with settings for a Canon Rebel XS...do I need a different lense, what settings, etc.

Realizing that I need to make 5 posts before I can post on the Sports forum, is this the place to do it?

Thanks, this seems like a really great forum!

Seems like this is the place to get your post count up to 5...Cheers!

Smile Re: Welcome!!

Looking for some specific help with shooting indoor basketball shots!

Never had to do this before to post on a forum, hope I am doing it correctly!

This should be it, right? Off to sports photography I go...

My name is Travis and I am new here, and kinda new to photography. Not a pro just a hobbyist.

Quote Originally Posted by travisball7 View Post
    My name is Travis and I am new here, and kinda new to photography. Not a pro just a hobbyist.
    Welcome Travis. Hope to see some images. - Terry
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Welcome to the forums

Welcome to the forums hope you have fun in the profession

Welcome Travis, I'm within several hours of you.

Quote Originally Posted by travisball7 View Post

Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread Information