ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

We take 10 times more photos today..

According to the FNAC Contact magazine we take 10 times more photos today than in 1992.

The source of this information isn't quoted but I suppose it could be true. No more film and processing so there's no cost involved in doing lots of shots, plus everyone with a Smartphone has a camera with him all the time and a medium for distribution as well (Facebook).

Any thoughts?
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

Re: We take 10 times more photos today..

Quote Originally Posted by Franglais View Post
    According to the FNAC Contact magazine we take 10 times more photos today than in 1992.

The source of this information isn't quoted but I suppose it could be true. No more film and processing so there's no cost involved in doing lots of shots, plus everyone with a Smartphone has a camera with him all the time and a medium for distribution as well (Facebook).

Any thoughts?
    I myself think that the increase is MUCH MORE than 10 times what we use to shoot. I would more likely believe that it would be in the hundreds, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Me too .
    One thing that always scared me was the film amd developing costs. Now i dont have to worry about it and can take hundreds of photos a day learning.
    Nikon D5100
    18-55
    55-300
    <<BLACKRAPID>>>>Sport2

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    I myself think that the increase is MUCH MORE than 10 times what we use to shoot. I would more likely believe that it would be in the hundreds, Jeff
    I agree. I think the fact that we can delete, edit, etc. right on the spot.....and don't have to spend as much money processing - or getting film developed - at the local store makes a huge difference.

When I started using digital, I couldn't even count how many shots I took in the first month!

Liz

Being just a hobbyist and spectator, I would take 4 rolls of 36 exposures for a race weekend, or 2 rolls to an airshow.

I shot 1500 frames at Sebring this year over 2 days.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I, too, think it is way more than 10x. Look at any social media site. The young people are probably shooting as much as they're texting.
    Hasn't improved quality though.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Thread Information