ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

A Very Merry 50mm Christmas

In the spirit of all the 50mm threads, thought I might start one for Christmas shots. So feel free to add your 50mm holiday photos

As some of you know, my Mom is home visiting from England this week. She's not going to be around Christmas, so we celebrated last night here at my place. Here's a few shots from decorating the tree last night. Sorry they're not the best. Was shooting Tri-X 400 and pushed to 3200 but, couldn't find any times for it with HC-110 so I guestimated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-2.jpg   A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-6.jpg   A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-11.jpg   A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-16.jpg   A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-17.jpg  

Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Re: A Very Merry 50 Christmas

Here's a few more.... My mom, grandmother, and one of the cats playing in one of the boxes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-1.jpg   A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-14.jpg   A Very Merry 50mm Christmas-11262007-15.jpg  
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Re: A Very Merry 50mm Christmas

Great images. Very classic looking. I love the look of true black and white.

Thanks brhitch These are a little darker than I would like due to never shooting low light conditions like these and having to guess on the development time. For these shots though, it's not about technical aspects, just the memories and good memories they are :thumbsup:
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Nice job with the guess on time - pretty close. You're right though, sometimes it's about memories. I've never seen Tri-X at 3200 but seen some pretty nice examples at 1600. All films - even TMX and Delta 3200 which are (supposedly) rated for this are very contrasty at that speed.

Thats great for guessing. I can see you have a feel for it. They are good to make prints from. Tri-X is great, you can do anything with it. Very good start to what I am sure will be a very good thread.
    "I don't like lizards", Frank Reynolds.

"At one time there existed a race of people whose knowledge consisted entirely of gossip", George Carlin.

Thanks a_v and reverberation I'll chalk it up to luck...LOL I really wish I had some more Tri-X to play with. This was my last roll Time to get another film and chemical order together

Anyone else start their holiday decorating yet?
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr

Thread Information