ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Updated my photo site

Hey all:

I just finished updating my portfolio site. I've combined all three portfolio sites (fashion/news/wildlife) into one easy-to-navigate page. I took out about a dozen photos, added a couple of new ones (more to come), cleaned up a few things and added a guestbook (hint, hint ).

Let me know what you guys think of the site and the photos. I'm off to bed as I'm pretty burned out from this update (took a total of about 10 hours over three nights), but I'll check back later ;)

www.gabriel-diaz.com
    "It is time to live like the wind and then to die like thunder."

www.gabriel-diaz.com

Had a look Gabriel, the only thing, the website counter updates everytime you go back to the homepage, so I have been there 6 times during looking at your site. Left you a message on the guestbook as well.

Have a look at my current site which may actually disappear in a couple of weeks and become something else as I am thinking of a new website name.

http://www.schuckphotographics.com click on glalleries on the menu of the lefthand side of the page and tell me what you think, I have been fiddling around with it, only put up lastnight Sydney time.

Hi Peter,

I appreciate the comments you left on the guestbook. I know what you mean about the fashion thumbs being a little too compressed - I think I tried too hard to get them all to load up fast. I'll fix the worst ones on the next go-round. I'm also going to fix that counter now.

But what did you mean that the photos should be "tighter"?

I like your site, looks like it has a lot of potential. Watch out when it catches on, though - you'll be hosting many, many photos in no time ;) I put it in my Faves to go check back on it.
    "It is time to live like the wind and then to die like thunder."

www.gabriel-diaz.com

Hi Gabe.

I think on reflection that the photo tighter relates do the distance between each photo on each line so if it is 4 collums by 5 rows say, keep the distance between each photo to as minimum distance as possible. I view screens using 1024 x 768 so there is a lot of space between each photo, but that probably changes with different screens, I didn't look at that at the time I looked.

The schuckphotographics website will disappear in the next few days as the name is expiring and I am changing the name to something different, just awaiting confirmation on the domain registration I have just lodged, but the new one will be displayed in my signature when changed.

I'm in two minds at present over the photo galleries that I put up and whether as you mentioned to keep thme that way as yes it will take up space, but that can be restricted with the software script setup to minimize photo sizes H and V, space size and also how much someone who registers as a user can be allowed to upload into albums as well.

Hopefully it will generate some interest with my web hosting business and I can adjust accordingly.

Thanks for looking as well, it can have different skins as well, that are very easy to change over, impressive from something that is a free script.

Thread Information