ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: Three Roses

Three Roses

No not the whiskey the flower. I know I'm on kind of rose kick, but we got a little shower just before I left work and when I got home the rose garden had taken a hit with the rain and wind. Here are three roses in various states of destruction and dismay. What do you think.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three Roses-dsc_8546-640.jpg   Three Roses-dsc_8516.640jpg.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Three Roses

Very nice OT. I especailly like the 2nd one.
    Tim
    Samurai #17 |;^\

WOW. I think they are all top notch. I like the butterfly rose best because I've never seen a shot like that. The second looks like porcelain.
    ----------------------------

Pentax Forum Moderator

Beautiful Shots OT...My favorite is #3 simply because I like that red against the black. I've tried a few shots like this but haven't really had much luck yet...again...great shots...all 3 of them...
    Ken

OT,

Beautiful. First and second ones are great and very well done.

Fabulous!

Jared

Thanks once again for the very nice comments. I took these more just for my own pleasure and just needed to feel that shutter release under my finger. Had not had the camera out of the bag since getting back from my daughters Memorial Day weekend and was really inching to photograph something. Nothing spectacular or very different here, but they are natures creations and deserve a little attention. The first was my fav from the begining. I never thought about taking a photo of a rose in this much of a state of decline. The rain had beaten most of it's petals to the ground and It looked very forlorn. Hope you share my feelings.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    No not the whiskey the flower. I know I'm on kind of rose kick, but we got a little shower just before I left work and when I got home the rose garden had taken a hit with the rain and wind. Here are three roses in various states of destruction and dismay. What do you think.
    Lookin good Larry. Especially that last one. That is some amazing detail there. Keep it up!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Quote Originally Posted by almo
    Lookin good Larry. Especially that last one. That is some amazing detail there. Keep it up!
    Thanks Almo!!! Was a little lazy and didn't get out the tripod, but did use a unipod for some support. I was pleased with the results. Nikkor 105mm micro lens at around f8 I think.

Nikon Samurai #13

Thanks Almo!!! Was a little lazy and didn't get out the tripod, but did use a unipod for some support. I was pleased with the results. Nikkor 105mm micro lens at around f8 I think.
    Heck Larry, I never use my tripod...lol. But I sure does love my Monopod!!!
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Cool Re: Three Roses

I love that second one Old Timer! It just jumps right out at you!! Very nice!!!

The third one is beautiful too, gorgeous colors in that one. Very vivid.

But that second one is a wall hanger!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

learning member

All three are just great, but the second one really stands out because of all those droplets and the dof leading to the tight centre coil of the flower .
    Mark.

Thanks for the comments Almo, Speed and Mark. It was very overcast after the rain and about 5:30 or 6:00 when I did these and I was pleased that the light was as good as it was. First shot is a little flat the but the other two have a little zip. Come to think of it I may have hit the blue rose with a little flash.

Nikon Samurai #13

They call me Andy... ACArmstrong's Avatar

I love the crispness and softness of #2, OT - but of course - I always enojoy your work. I think you do a wonderful job of capturing emotion with your photos.
    Andy Armstrong
    Please visit my photography site - Andy Armstrong Photography

Thread Information