ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

This'll never see print

This is a tight crop from a bigger photo. The photo itself was crappy technically. and this is a crop of a small portion of that. lol. Obviously this will never see print ever. But it's sad cause I love it. I think it captures a unique moment. I wish I knew how to shoot better back in those days. At least if I knew the technicals this would still be without all the noise etc, but I really had no knowledge and didn't know shutter speed from aperture. lol.

I'm sure most here have something similar. where a dramatic crop of an original is awesomeR? but not enough to be a print. If you do , please share it here Your technicals might still be awesome and your crop might be great. the only requirement for this thread is that you can't take it to print because of crop size.

Looking forward!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Re: This'll never see print

oh and here's the original

Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Havana Cuba Photography

It says in your post "Feel free to edit my artwork for critique purposes. I don't mind." I played with this a little bit with my limited skills and this is what I came up with, Jeff
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This'll never see print-originalgb.jpg  
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hey Jeff, Yeah I don't mind at all. You pulled out some light but the noise is too much. I tried my best trying to fix it too, but didn't work out for me either. Also, in my bigger picture the composition etc aren't as good as the crop. The sky in yours though looks really good :thumbsup:
    Liban

Havana Cuba Photography

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by LeeIs
    Hey Jeff, Yeah I don't mind at all. You pulled out some light but the noise is too much. I tried my best trying to fix it too, but didn't work out for me either. Also, in my bigger picture the composition etc aren't as good as the crop. The sky in yours though looks really good :thumbsup:
    I like the original just the way it is. Actually the dark figure against the sky and clouds along with the crowd in semi-darkness gives the image some character IMO. The results here may not be what you were hoping for, but I think it is a good shot. To me it looks like something you may have been "shooting" for (excuse the pun!).

Have you tried printing it? Just curious.

If I were you I would also post the image in the critique forum just to see what others have to say. You would get some critique over there.

It works for me. :thumbsup:

Liz

Yeah, the OG ain't so bad at all.:thumbsup:

[QUOTE=LeeIs]Hey Jeff, Yeah I don't mind at all. You pulled out some light but the noise is too much. I tried my best trying to fix it too, but didn't work out for me either. Also, in my bigger picture the composition etc aren't as good as the crop. The sky in yours though looks really good :thumbsup:[/QUOTE

Leels, remember I was working with a very small file cut down for the web and I didn't run any noise reduction, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thread Information