ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Thread: tasting fall

tasting fall

These guys are piled up at every farm stand around town. The light and sharpness is a little off from the scan. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the composition though.

Comments?

-Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tasting fall-pumpkins-10-9-04-copy.jpg  

Re: tasting fall

Quote Originally Posted by CaSousa
    These guys are piled up at every farm stand around town. The light and sharpness is a little off from the scan. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the composition though.
    Comments?
    -Chris
    Even though they are as you say "piled up all over town" it's an uncommon thing to many people, like myself. I personally have never seen a pumpkin patch or even trucks with them. Am i a hermit? no lol I live in Florida where they dont grow them. We do oranges. Anyway, they are gorgeous to me and I agree about your composition. The color could be pumped up a little to give them some punch and a tiny sharpening. Otherwise..I love the look of them.
    Kit

Cool Re: tasting fall

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    Even though they are as you say "piled up all over town" it's an uncommon thing to many people, like myself. I personally have never seen a pumpkin patch or even trucks with them. Am i a hermit? no lol I live in Florida where they dont grow them. We do oranges. Anyway, they are gorgeous to me and I agree about your composition. The color could be pumped up a little to give them some punch and a tiny sharpening. Otherwise..I love the look of them.
    Kit

Personally, I'd rather have oranges, since you can't drink pumpkin juice!
    As far as the color... It was shot with Fuji Reala. The orange was really vivid in the prints, and unfortunately washed out in the scan.
    -chris

Re: tasting fall

They are lovely. I do see that they could benefit from having the colour boosted - can you do this after scanning to return it to the quality of the print? Trouble with that is, of course, everyone's monitor settings are different

I can't wait to see them piled up in the shops here - my daughter says there were 2 puny looking ones in the shop today. Unfortunately they price them very high. People buy them for lanterns so they cash in on that. I like making pumpkin soup though, so nothing's wasted.

I love cropped in photographs like this which let the subject speak for itself.
    "Anything more than 500 yards from the car just isn't photogenic."
    - EDWARD WESTON

Thread Information