ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Tablet or mouse?

Just curious to see what other people are using to navigate with, and to edit their photos. I have been a mouse user up until about a week ago. I got a new PC, and I found a tablet with some decent reviews that was pretty inexpensive, so I thought I would try it out. I didn't go with the Wacom because it was too much money. Instead I got a DigiPro 8x6 tablet. The biggest reason I went this route was the price. It was about 1/10 the price of the Wacom I was looking at! I didn't want to spend a lot of money only to find out I didn't like using a tablet. It only has 1/2 of the pressure levels of the Wacom, but so far I'm really loving it. I had to raise my chair a little higher so I could rest more of my arm on the desk, and my wrist still gets a little tired, but other than that, I haven't had any problems.
    It has slowed down how I brows the web, but that's about the only drawback I have noticed so far.

The biggest plus so far is that I have much better control of my brushes when it come to painting in masks.

So what do you use, tablet or mouse?
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Re: Tablet or mouse?

Wacom. I'm actually reviewing the Intuos3 for this site right now. Will let you know once I post it.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thread Information