ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Spring storm - my back courtyard this morning

Just when you thought it was safe to put the snow boots away - and to think we were talking about a barbecue soon...

Here is the scene out my back courtyard this morning (SOOC) - we have such crazy Spring weather in southern Alberta - 20-25 cm of snow - let's hope this is it for this year...

The deck table and chairs, etc.

20110414-IMG_1901.jpg

The trees...

20110414-IMG_1903.jpg

The crazy thing is that it will all be gone, well most of it, by the weekend...:thumbsup:

Cheers,

WesternGuy
    Last edited by WesternGuy; 04-14-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Re: Spring storm - my back courtyard this morning

I moved to the coast in June of 1961 and we haven't had that much snow from all the years that I have lived here put together, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jeff, thanks for looking...this reflects the joy (?) of living next to the mountains where you can get the warm, moist Pacific air coming across the mountains and colliding with the colder Arctic air from the north and voila - spring in southern Alberta. The weird (?) thing is that this is the third time this has happened in the past 6 weeks...I could show you almost the same photos from 3 weeks ago, but, for me, a small price to pay for living so close to such beautiful mountains on one side and the wide open prairies on the other.

Cheers,

WesternGuy

Quote Originally Posted by WesternGuy
    Jeff, thanks for looking...this reflects the joy (?) of living next to the mountains where you can get the warm, moist Pacific air coming across the mountains and colliding with the colder Arctic air from the north and voila - spring in southern Alberta. The weird (?) thing is that this is the third time this has happened in the past 6 weeks...I could show you almost the same photos from 3 weeks ago, but, for me, a small price to pay for living so close to such beautiful mountains on one side and the wide open prairies on the other.

Cheers,

WesternGuy
    The snow is very pretty and we don't get it here but we do get hurricanes that you don't get, LOL Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    The snow is very pretty and we don't get it here but we do get hurricanes that you don't get, LOL Jeff
    I will take the snow over the hurricanes anytime, although snow at this time of year can add to the runoff and increase flooding dangers in low-lying areas, which is why we live on one of the higher hilly areas around the city, away from the river.

WesternGuy

Thread Information