ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

If it aint broke

Recently a friend gave me an old Nikon FE2 (with manual focus 35-70 lens and MD11 motor drive) which she said was broken. So I had a look and came to the conclusion that the only thing wrong with it was that it needed fresh batteries. Anyway, I took it down to Phillip Island the other weekend and ran a roll of Sensia through it. I was excited when I picked the slides up from the lab. As far as I can tell the camera works just fine. What do you guys think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails If it aint broke-phillip-island-1.jpg   If it aint broke-phillip-island-3.jpg   If it aint broke-phillip-island-2.jpg   If it aint broke-phillip-island-6.jpg  

use one of the shots as a thank you card

I like the first one... a lot.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thanks Nat. I love the thank-you card idea. It’s funny, my friend swears the camera didn’t work for her when she tried new batteries. But I haven’t had any problems with it. Yet.

Co-Moderator, Photography as Art forum megan's Avatar

My expert opinion...

Yup! I think it works!
    Nice shots.

megan

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    Recently a friend gave me an old Nikon FE2 (with manual focus 35-70 lens and MD11 motor drive) which she said was broken. So I had a look and came to the conclusion that the only thing wrong with it was that it needed fresh batteries. Anyway, I took it down to Phillip Island the other weekend and ran a roll of Sensia through it. I was excited when I picked the slides up from the lab. As far as I can tell the camera works just fine. What do you guys think?
    The overall cool color cast adds a peaceful feel to the seascapes. Is Sensia usually like that colortempwise? What a fascinating blossum. Nice work

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    The overall cool color cast adds a peaceful feel to the seascapes. Is Sensia usually like that colortempwise? What a fascinating blossum. Nice work
    Chunk, the seascapes were taken at dusk so the available light was definitely a cool colour temp. These seascape shots were longish exposures, about 8 seconds, so there may also have been some shift in colour as well. My experience with Sensia at this time of day is limited so I can’t explain the exact reason for the colour but the scan it is fairly accurate representation of the actual slides. As far as the flower goes that’s a Grevillea of some sort. Grevilleas are just one family unique native flowers we have here in Australia. Thanks for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful photographs with us and please post more, and often!
    Penny, I’m glad you enjoyed the photos. For various reasons I haven’t taken too many photos lately but I hope to change that! If all goes to plan I’ll be posting here more often in the future.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah
    Chunk, the seascapes were taken at dusk so the available light was definitely a cool colour temp. These seascape shots were longish exposures, about 8 seconds, so there may also have been some shift in colour as well. My experience with Sensia at this time of day is limited so I can’t explain the exact reason for the colour but the scan it is fairly accurate representation of the actual slides. As far as the flower goes that’s a Grevillea of some sort. Grevilleas are just one family unique native flowers we have here in Australia. Thanks for the compliments.
    Have you looked at removing the color cast. When you do they look good still but you lose the mood. The interesting patterns in the rock are more the subject then.

Mig
    C8H10N4O2
    I ran off on Thursday with a dance troupe from Spain
    Gorgeous. Oh, your poor, poor friend.

Numbers 2 & 3 are my favorites -- I'm a sucker for soft beach shots. Beautiful.

Danielle
    There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I'd say it's just fine.

The first three are so moody. I just love that. Not your everyday beach shot.

Thanks for sharing that story and the results.
    Every artist was first an amateur. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Like, zoinks! - Shaggy

Thread Information