ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ

Hi all,

PJ sent me to this location so I can get some pictures of the fog rolling in off the coast. It only cost me a 25$ parking ticket. It was close to where I was staying and a very beautiful location.

I was in SJ for business. While I was there PJ and Loren took me to diner which was very nice of them. Besides that, I squeezed in this one evening to take photos.

I hope you enjoy them.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_00.jpg   Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_07.jpg   Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_21.jpg   Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_40.jpg  

And here's a few more...

Thanks for looking,
    Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_76.jpg   Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_82.jpg   Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_84.jpg   Some pics from my recent (almost) trip to SJ-sj_s_92.jpg  

Photo #3

In the first group is absolutely beautiful! The rest are nice as well, but #3 really stands out from the others.

Thanks for sharing these with us.
    ~Brian
    Nikon Samurai #3

A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true
    friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

http://brians4x4adventures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/brianliles/
    http://www.facebook.com/brianliles

Enjoy them?

Most definitely! Excellent shots.

Spike

Quote Originally Posted by darkman
    Hi all,

PJ sent me to this location so I can get some pictures of the fog rolling in off the coast. It only cost me a 25$ parking ticket. It was close to where I was staying and a very beautiful location.

I was in SJ for business. While I was there PJ and Loren took me to diner which was very nice of them. Besides that, I squeezed in this one evening to take photos.

I hope you enjoy them.

Mike

Well done...

Well done Mike. Thanks for sharing these beautiful images.

Finally!

It's about time!

These are really nice, Mike. I don't know if I told you, but this location appears in mountain bike magazines about every other year. It's our local default ride. You know, when you're in too much of a hurry or too lazy to do anything else. But I always enjoy riding it on a spring or summer evening because of the views. It really is beautiful. We're all just a little too used to it.

Incidentally, those clouds you see are actually fog coming in off the ocean, between Santa Cruz and San Francisco. In the summer, the temperature difference between the incland valleys and the ocean make this fog almost every day. It rolls in in the evening, and back out in the morning. And it makes for interesting micro-climates and great photos.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Liz

Cool Great shots

These photos are great. My favorite is the 3rd one. It is AWESOME. You captured this image perfectly with the glow from the sun's reflection over such a large area. Perfect composition, color......perfect timing!

The rest are also fine images.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by darkman
    Thanks for looking,
    Mike

I agree that your last image is the definite keeper in the bunch. Nice to see you take some different angles and viewpoints of the same scene with a few of them. Good work.

Thanks Everyone...

I appreciate everyone's comments. The last image is my favorite. Though I do like the rolling field shots too. These are something you don't get in the southwest. Out here, beautiful sunsets are almost a dime a dozen.

To add to what PJ said, this is pretty tough terrain. Once I bushwacked down to this location, there wasn't any time to go anywhere else. The trees you see in the distance are Redwoods. Interestingly, they require this micro climate for survival. Trees this large can't get all the water they need from the ground. They therefore collect moisture from the air to supplement the water they get from the ground. This is why you will only see them near the coast.

Mike

Thread Information