ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Talking Some D70 Pics (4 images)

Images that I've taken over the last month or so. Have I mentioned that I really love this camera?
    First one is from RMNP.
    Next one is the very most southern edge of the Flatirons, taken just south of Boulder.
    The next two are the same pic, one in color, one in B/W. Taken at Red Rocks Park, just west of Denver.
    Hope you enjoy them,
    Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Some D70 Pics (4 images)-longs-tree-beav-med-1153-web.jpg   Some D70 Pics (4 images)-flatirons-429-web.jpg   Some D70 Pics (4 images)-red-rocks-2-566-web.jpg   Some D70 Pics (4 images)-red-rocks-2-566-bw-web.jpg  

Truely beautiful...

Truely beautiful images. I love the Rockies and you have captured their splender and grander very well. Sure can't fault the D70, your getting great results. I still need to fine tune my technique with the mine, but it will come. Love your b&w conversion, great job.

Wink I Must Say...

Quote Originally Posted by coloradoamigo
    Images that I've taken over the last month or so. Have I mentioned that I really love this camera?
    First one is from RMNP.
    Next one is the very most southern edge of the Flatirons, taken just south of Boulder.
    The next two are the same pic, one in color, one in B/W. Taken at Red Rocks Park, just west of Denver.
    Hope you enjoy them,
    Brian

It's not Velvia....but it ain't far from it!

Great shots, and I love the vivid colors. That D70 is a very impressive camera!

Did you use a CPL on the second and third one? The sky looks much darker as you get away from the horizon. I know the sky IS darker at higher elevations, but I wasn't sure if you used your CPL or not. Just curious.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

These are mighty impressive pics. My favorites are the second and third, definitely. Good work!

Ray

The second one rocks. Love the balance between the tree on the left and the trees on the right, with the road winding through the center of it all.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thank ya much OT....

I think I'll be fine tuning my technique for a long time with this camera. This is my first digital camera,not even a P&S before this. There is just so much more you have to pay attention to compared to my N80. But it's alot of fun to learn, and even better, you don't have to waste a bunch of film to learn!!

Thanks again,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Truely beautiful images. I love the Rockies and you have captured their splender and grander very well. Sure can't fault the D70, your getting great results. I still need to fine tune my technique with the mine, but it will come. Love your b&w conversion, great job.

Thanks Robert...

For the very kind words. No CPL was used on any of the shots. I don't have a CPL for that lens yet. In fact, I don't have any filter for the 18-70mm yet, but I think I'm going to get a graduated neutral density filter before anything else.
    The shots right out of the camera had some pretty impressive color, but I did up the saturation and boost the color a bit in NC. For the B/W version, I used a PS action that I found on the web that works nice. Less noise than using the channel mixer method most times.
    I'm tellin' ya, you should save up for a D70. The ability to learn from a DSLR is just great. You can experiment so much and not worry about burning all that film, and the ability to change ISO's on the fly is FANTASTIC. The speed of the camera will just blow you away. Good Times!!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    It's not Velvia....but it ain't far from it!

Great shots, and I love the vivid colors. That D70 is a very impressive camera!

Did you use a CPL on the second and third one? The sky looks much darker as you get away from the horizon. I know the sky IS darker at higher elevations, but I wasn't sure if you used your CPL or not. Just curious.

Thanks Ray...

Let me tell you, I apologize for not replying to any of your pics from your new Rebel, I'm working alot of overtime right now, and my time is short. But I have taken a look at them and they are absolutely fantastic. So right back at ya!!
    Thanks again,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by schrackman
    These are mighty impressive pics. My favorites are the second and third, definitely. Good work!

Ray

Appreciate the good words Seb....

I like this one as well, but I really want to catch it in better light. By the way, that's not a road down the center, but a canal.
    Thanks again,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian
    The second one rocks. Love the balance between the tree on the left and the trees on the right, with the road winding through the center of it all.

Talking Penny,

Thanks so much for comments, you are too kind. You always give me such encouraging words, and I really appreciate it. I'll be posting more this weekend (3 days off!!!!).
    Hope the Yosemite gathering is fantastic, believe me, I wish I could be there with all you guys!!
    Thanks Penny!!
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay
    Dear Brian:

These are so beautiful. You're making your new camera "sing" and I am really enjoying the music. When I first clicked on your post and saw the first one, I knew all the rest would be amazing -- and they ARE!

Please let us see MORE.

Best to You,
    Penny

all I have to say is

wow

wow

wow
    and oooooo.
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Many thanks Natalie!!

I know you love the camera as much as I do. Have you taken anymore pics of your little one? Those pics you posted were great, I'd like to see more. I love the skin tones out of this camera too.
    Thanks again,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    wow

wow

wow
    and oooooo.

great skin tones indeed

just a few snaps with the new hats grandma sent
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Smile Very Nice!!

I love the second one, a classic. You and the kids will cherish that one for years to come.

Thanks for sharing Natalie,
    Brian

Thread Information