ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

September 11th Remembering

I made a visit to the Shrine of St. Joseph in Sterling NJ. They have a "Remembrance Tower" in memory of all those who died on September 11, 2001. They have an Ecumenical Service every year especially for families of victims from New Jersey. However, the plaques include all the names of those who died on that day.

The tower is made with steel beams brought from the World Trade Center a few months after 9/11. The Bells came from an old Monastery.

Here are a few pictures - a bit overexposed due to the bright sun today.

God bless all those who died, their families and loved ones.

Liz
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails September 11th Remembering-911rock.jpg   September 11th Remembering-911names.jpg   September 11th Remembering-911tower.jpg   September 11th Remembering-911pics.jpg  

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: September 11th Remembering

Liz,

Next time you plan to be in my area..... PLEASE tell me!

I do believe that is the shrine on baskingridge/ stirling rd right before myersville rd were I have done many tree jobs in the past. If so I need to get back to see the plaques and steel beams that were errected since I last visited them. Btw.. I recall that everyone there were overly caring about others, hence the subjects of you images!

These are grewat images !!!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thank you for posting these Liz. We must never forget what happened here.
    Lara

Liz

Hi Paul,

We decided to visit the Shrine yesterday at the last minute - I almost forgot about the Tower until late afternoon. They had a service at 8:30 last night, but I was on my way home by then.

Yes, this is the Shrine on Stirling Rd in Stirling, NJ - you got it right. It is worth seeing - inspiring.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by paulnj
    Liz,

Next time you plan to be in my area..... PLEASE tell me!

I do believe that is the shrine on baskingridge/ stirling rd right before myersville rd were I have done many tree jobs in the past. If so I need to get back to see the plaques and steel beams that were errected since I last visited them. Btw.. I recall that everyone there were overly caring about others, hence the subjects of you images!

These are grewat images !!!!!

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Thank you for posting these Liz. We must never forget what happened here.
    Thanks Lara. I agree! It certainly effects us all.

Liz

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

I am serious Liz! IF you are ever planning to be in that area again(with time to mingle) I would love to meet you!!

YIKES.. I just noticed that my fat fingers hit E/W not E when typing great ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

No matter how far away we were on that day I dont think anyone will ever forget. I remember waking to my tv still on, it was alive with action and I was thinking (as it was midnight and I"d fallen asleep with the tv on!!) OMG look at that horrid movie that they play so late at night. Then it dawned on me that it wasnt a movie but a newsflash, over and over again. I was just awestruck by the tragedy. My son came into me, he was only 14 at the time, in horror for what he saw!! The whole world spoke about the terrorism and the devistation!

Today, we have been hit with an announcement by the el Quaida. They state, they have attacked NY and London, they have attacked many other countries. Now, they warn that they plan to attack LA and Melbourne!!! So sad to think that the 'feel' they have to do this!! Really is. I fear they may go ahead with their threats, why wouldnt they, theyv'e done it before! We have the Commonwealth Games in Melb next March, I fear this will be the time! I have tickets to go to an event but somehow I'm thinking I dont want to go. IT's all to frightening really!!

BTW, thanks for showing me these pictures, memorials are such a sad reminder yet look so beautiful

Liz

memorials are such a sad reminder yet look so beautiful

That is so true. Walking through there brought me to tears more than once. The basket of flowers had 2 pictures of young children with a note in between "we miss you Daddy."

We have the Commonwealth Games in Melb next March, I fear this will be the time! I have tickets to go to an event but somehow I'm thinking I dont want to go. IT's all to frightening really!!

Don't sell your tickets too fast. Just remember, even though the threats are there - they have made many more threats that weren't followed up on. Also, when they make these threats, you can bet they will have so much security. Also, they don't usually attack when we expect them to.

We have to continue to enjoy life!
    Thanks for your post and nice comments.

Liz

Liz

I am serious Liz! IF you are ever planning to be in that area again(with time to mingle) I would love to meet you!!

Gotcha! I'll remember that Paul. Hopefully before the snow sets in.

Liz

Thread Information