ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Question Sell it or toss it?

My Rebel G is no longer functional after it took a spill in the river. The shutter still opperates somewhat but it needs to be fixed. Canon will fix it for a min. of $126, it sold new for around $150. I'm not going to have it fixed because I bought a DRebel. I was thinking about posting it on ebay for parts or repair, but I don't know if it's worth the time and the $5 that I might get out of it. What do you think? Is there a market for a broken Rebel G or should I just toss it and be done with it?

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973
    My Rebel G is no longer functional after it took a spill in the river. The shutter still opperates somewhat but it needs to be fixed. Canon will fix it for a min. of $126, it sold new for around $150. I'm not going to have it fixed because I bought a DRebel. I was thinking about posting it on ebay for parts or repair, but I don't know if it's worth the time and the $5 that I might get out of it. What do you think? Is there a market for a broken Rebel G or should I just toss it and be done with it?
    At least you can use your lenses on your DRebel! Oh, you know, it's like an organ donor now!
    http://janehaas.com

"Art is part of a rebellion against the realities of unfulfilled desire." ~Emma Goldman
    Member:

I wouldn't fix it either - replace it if you need to. Give it a try on ebay though, you never know what people will pay for things sometimes...

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar
    NIKON and CANON refuse to TRY to fix a WATER DAMAGED CAMERA. the cost TO REPAIR would be TWICE the cost of NEW anyway.

I sent an F4s to NIKON for repair, they noticed signs of water damage and returned " water damage , CAN NOT FIX" sniff sniff
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information