ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self-Portraits

Quote Originally Posted by villenadecorte
    Since its a self portrait I thought it should reflect what I do, or what I've done the longest in my life...
    (aside from raising my boys, being a wife and chef extraordinaire ;), and wannabephtog)
    Tap Dancing, awesome, i love tap dancing. Ever seen "STOMP" ?(http://www.stomponline.com/) They are great, you should post some action pictures villenadecorte. love the picture. thanks for sharing.

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar
    Yes please

Make me look good though.

Rick
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by F-15_Flyer
    Tap Dancing, awesome, i love tap dancing. Ever seen "STOMP" ?(http://www.stomponline.com/) They are great, you should post some action pictures villenadecorte. love the picture. thanks for sharing.
    Yes, of course. Though Ive never been to see it. Bummer
    Thanks for looking!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Are those...

villenadecorte-
    Are those tap shoes?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Yes, they most certainly are.... Bloch Techno Taps, to be exact, with adjustable tap sounds with the twist of a screw on the taps.
    Just finished a session and decided to shoot myself post tap- hence, the nappy hair do.

Why do you ask?
    PS- I do flamenco also, but those shoes are different....

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    villenadecorte-
    Are those tap shoes?
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Quote Originally Posted by mjm
    a couple of me wakeboarding & snowboarding
    This looks like so much fun. I have never been wakeboarding, and I havent snowboarded in about 12 years.
    Awesome pics!!!!!!!!!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Me?

Here are a few older ones i took, bith have been posted on here before.
    Just thought id add to the discussion, try to keep it alive a little bit longer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Self-Portraits-radialme.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  

what a baby face.
    Nice shots, I like the second one best.
    I am sure with Speed and Rick we'll see plenty more shots. Dont know what parts of Speed and Rick we'll see, though.
    (Come on guys! More pics!)
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Speed, in honor of Egostis, the God of Self Portraitism...

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    And it's killing me! I'm away from my computer/image editing software (not that my countenance needs any editing... LOL) and I CAN'T UPLOAD ANY OF MY CLASSICS!!

Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speed, in honor of Egostis, the God of Self Portraitism I hereby make you my Official Self Portrait Representative. For every shot of yourself you post, I hereby allow you to post an additional one in honor of me, who due to circumstances beyond my control am unable to post any of myself.

Just make sure you leave enough room for the girls to keep posting ones of themselves! Yee-ow!

Rick

"I hereby make you my Official Self Portrait Representative."

I shall do my best to make you proud!

Since I've been given orders to do so, here are a couple more in honor of my good friend, and self-portraitist extrodinaire, Rick.

And I don't think I've posted these before. ;-)

All of these were taken with a Coolpix 3500. First one was taken in my work truck, camera held at arms length.
    Second one was taken at church, camera held at arms length again.
    The third and fourth ones were taken at the same time I took the telescope shot. The third one looks like I was working on my smirk. :-O
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Self-Portraits-self-portrait-03-r640.jpg   Self-Portraits-self-portrait-05-r640.jpg   Self-Portraits-self-portrait-14-pr.jpg   Self-Portraits-self-portrait-15-pr.jpg  
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Hey! Some new ones. As always, Nice display Speed
    So you actually hold the cam in your face? I never attempt a self portrait without my tripod and timer! You're doing a fine job handheld!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    "I hereby make you my Official Self Portrait Representative."

I shall do my best to make you proud!

Since I've been given orders to do so, here are a couple more in honor of my good friend, and self-portraitist extrodinaire, Rick.

And I don't think I've posted these before. ;-)

All of these were taken with a Coolpix 3500. First one was taken in my work truck, camera held at arms length.
    Second one was taken at church, camera held at arms length again.
    The third and fourth ones were taken at the same time I took the telescope shot. The third one looks like I was working on my smirk. :-O
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

although not self portraits---they could be on the angles taken...so pretend and here's the Rickster....
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Wink Hey! Some new ones

Hey! Some new ones. As always, Nice display Speed
    So you actually hold the cam in your face? I never attempt a self portrait without my tripod and timer! You're doing a fine job handheld!
    Yes, I actually held the camera at arms length. It helps to have long arms. ;-)

Thank you for the compliment!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

"long arms"...

is that why we can't see your hands in the self portraits in your bedroom? The knuckles are dragging on the floor?

Man, I'm in a wicked mood today! I guess I'm going to have to post one of my own so you can get some payback! But you really do just throw those easy ones out there for us to abuse you with. I'm beginning to think you enjoy the abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed
    Yes, I actually held the camera at arms length. It helps to have long arms. ;-)

Thank you for the compliment!
    Troy

www.troybates.com
    When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. -Leonardo da Vinci

OK I will play too. And since I don't have any good pics of myself so ya'll get some of the worst.

1st is at after 3 am after being lost in Costa Rica trying ot get back to the lodge, after the disco tecka, after a little drinking, after being up at 4:30 am to go deep sea fishing all day. Well that's my excuse anyway.

2nd is just in bad taste. Saw these awesome underwear in the discount rack and figured I could have a lot of fun with them. Including picking my mom up from the airport in them. Can you see the leopard?

http://members.cox.net/azadrenaline2/lime%20gun.JPG

Ghost

Now look what you made me do!

I was inspired to take out my camera today. This is the first photo I've made in months. Yes, it has it's problems but I don't care. I have a lot of emotions inside me at this point in my life. It's a shame to let those go without trying to capture them.

Special thanks to Hodgy for pointing out an extremely simple technique for creating simple borders: How to create that sloppy border.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor Ash
    I was inspired to take out my camera today. This is the first photo I've made in months. Yes, it has it's problems but I don't care. I have a lot of emotions inside me at this point in my life. It's a shame to let those go without trying to capture them.

Special thanks to Hodgy for pointing out an extremely simple technique for creating simple borders: How to create that sloppy border.
    Nice to put a face to so many, ahem, comments ;)

Great shot. Very nice eyes, they are so crisp in this pic.
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Quote Originally Posted by MattyBoyR6
    OK I will play too. And since I don't have any good pics of myself so ya'll get some of the worst.

1st is at after 3 am after being lost in Costa Rica trying ot get back to the lodge, after the disco tecka, after a little drinking, after being up at 4:30 am to go deep sea fishing all day. Well that's my excuse anyway.

2nd is just in bad taste. Saw these awesome underwear in the discount rack and figured I could have a lot of fun with them. Including picking my mom up from the airport in them. Can you see the leopard?

http://members.cox.net/azadrenaline2/lime%20gun.JPG
    Nice chonies...
    How much did you drink?
    ;)
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

still a cutie
    ;)
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Thumbs up The knuckles are dragging on the floor? :)

Quote Originally Posted by I_Fly
    is that why we can't see your hands in the self portraits in your bedroom? The knuckles are dragging on the floor?

Man, I'm in a wicked mood today! I guess I'm going to have to post one of my own so you can get some payback! But you really do just throw those easy ones out there for us to abuse you with. I'm beginning to think you enjoy the abuse.

Yep, that's it. ;-)

"I'm beginning to think you enjoy the abuse."

My secret's out. They're on to me! :-O
    Nikon Samurai # 1

you look like someone I know

where are the other two pics...are you holding out?

I'm just asking for Adina and villenaD ...really

Oh i see the link....interesting
    Last edited by natatbeach; 09-29-2004 at 08:37 AM.
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Self Portriat not me....

Do a self portrait, not me! I get enough of my mug having to shave everyday. However after I got to thinking I remembered a self portrait that I did back in May when Joy and I were getting ready to go out to dinner for our anniversary. I wanted a pictures of us to send the kids on our anniversary and didn't want to take the time to set up the tripod and do it half way right, so I just took the P&S and held it at arms length on wide angle. Niether of us liked it and Joy will kill me when she finds out I posted this but here goes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Self-Portraits-dsc_0006.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Do a self portrait, not me! I get enough of my mug having to shave everyday. However after I got to thinking I remembered a self portrait that I did back in May when Joy and I were getting ready to go out to dinner for our anniversary. I wanted a pictures of us to send the kids on our anniversary and didn't want to take the time to set up the tripod and do it half way right, so I just took the P&S and held it at arms length on wide angle. Niether of us liked it and Joy will kill me when she finds out I posted this but here goes.
    You put ol' blue eyes to shame! ;) What a beautiful mug you got there. You and your wife.
    You both look very happy!
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

- Marx

Thanks we are...

You put ol' blue eyes to shame! ;) What a beautiful mug you got there. You and your wife.
    You both look very happy!
    Thanks we are very happy and as many know here have been for 32 years. I enjoy doing photos of her, but self portraits just never turned my crank. Oh I have done the reflection in the eye shots and all the other standards, but I just never liked my own image that much and that was even before time took it's nasty toll on my body. But as you point out the eyes have stayed blue and she likes that so who am I to complain.

here's the Rickster...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    although not self portraits---they could be on the angles taken...so pretend and here's the Rickster....

That first one is 100% Rick.

Now what's up with the second one? He has serious look!

Great shots Nat, and they do look like self-portraits, especially the first one.
    Nikon Samurai # 1

Re: Self-Portraits

Villenadecorte wrote: "Nice chonies...
    How much did you drink? "

My mom liked those chonies too and so did everyone else at the airport when I picked her up.

I really can't rememebr how much I drank but it started early in the day and just kept going. I think the most tiring thing though was trying to translate - then translate drunk spanish to drunk english and vice versa.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information