ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

self portrait gone wrong-me at the studio

As a self proclaimed serlf portraitist I must let everyone know of the dangers involved...
    this is what can happen...when a shoot goes terribly wrong...

(I figure everyone always tries to post the good stuff---so for a change here's the worst)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by natatbeach; 02-06-2004 at 10:03 PM. Reason: add location of shoot
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Gone wrong?

Heck, this is the kind of shot you see hanging in art galleries everywhere, with high-brows looking down their noses and calling it fine art! Actually, it is really creative, with tons of symbolism to be read into the frame. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    As a self proclaimed serlf portraitist I must let everyone know of the dangers involved...

(I figure everyone always tries to post the good stuff---so for a change here's the worst)

Talking for the record

on the toilet at the time...the toilet is where I should have sat if I wanted to make it into the frame (4 pics later) Glad it made you laugh and lightened your load.....I cracked up when I saw it --- lol...knew I had to help others learn from my mistakes...

hugs to you
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

are you suggesting

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Heck, this is the kind of shot you see hanging in art galleries everywhere, with high-brows looking down their noses and calling it fine art! Actually, it is really creative, with tons of symbolism to be read into the frame. :-)
    you want to dedicate a wing solely to my portraiture or know someone who does

just kidding-- funny someone PROBABLY out would think it was grand.-lol.....

my bathroom was just rewallpapered ( old house plumbing accident and the landlord chose this beautiful crackled type paper---makes for a great backdrop sometime)
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

oh no you didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by prbowhay

Your creativity knows no bounds! Even to what appeared to me as -- a frump taking a dump. I did NOT think of this as one of your self-portraits at al!!

Your imagination is amazing.

My Best to You With Hugs,
    Penny
    penny, you kill me! you really are that wild bunch nat proclaimed you and gene to be onm the SoBe post!!!!

and to nat..

i thought that you were implying this shot to be.., hence the TP

keep shooting my friends.. some days we get great images, other days we can't even buy an image worth keeping! HAPPENS TO EVERYONE
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Yeah, you could read alot into this, maybe TMI?? Still kind of interesting - in a "Shots" magazine kind of way, along the lines of what Charles said...

I have to do a self-portrait and was thinking about the tiled wall in my bathroom (at least that part's done!). I planned on cheating though - using my Coolpix with the LCD screen turned around so I could see it.

Talking Lol

Funny - all I "read into it" was that the camera clicked accidentally, or before you were ready. I did not see symbolism...that must be why I'll never be a great artist or art snob. ;)

Thanks for the laugh.

Spike

You can tell a lot from a shot like this..

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach

Like you are going to have to put a new roll of toilet paper on the roll soon!

Hehehehehe.

Sorry Nat, I couldn't resist. :-)

And I know that self portraits are NOT easy! I've thrown enough away to know!
    Nikon Samurai # 1

http://mccabephotography.tripod.com

http://precisionshotsphoto.tripod.com

"Tyranny is defined as that which is legal for the government but illegal for the citizenry." - Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information