• 02-06-2004, 10:02 PM
    natatbeach
    1 Attachment(s)
    self portrait gone wrong-me at the studio
    As a self proclaimed serlf portraitist :rolleyes: I must let everyone know of the dangers involved...
    this is what can happen...when a shoot goes terribly wrong...

(I figure everyone always tries to post the good stuff---so for a change here's the worst)
  • 02-07-2004, 03:39 AM
    Charles Hess
    Gone wrong?
    Heck, this is the kind of shot you see hanging in art galleries everywhere, with high-brows looking down their noses and calling it fine art! Actually, it is really creative, with tons of symbolism to be read into the frame. :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach
    As a self proclaimed serlf portraitist :rolleyes: I must let everyone know of the dangers involved...

(I figure everyone always tries to post the good stuff---so for a change here's the worst)

• 02-07-2004, 04:43 AM
    natatbeach
    for the record
    on the toilet at the time...the toilet is where I should have sat if I wanted to make it into the frame (4 pics later) Glad it made you laugh and lightened your load.....I cracked up when I saw it --- lol...knew I had to help others learn from my mistakes...:rolleyes:

hugs to you
  • 02-07-2004, 04:51 AM
    natatbeach
    are you suggesting
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Hess
    Heck, this is the kind of shot you see hanging in art galleries everywhere, with high-brows looking down their noses and calling it fine art! Actually, it is really creative, with tons of symbolism to be read into the frame. :-)

you want to dedicate a wing solely to my portraiture or know someone who does :rolleyes:

just kidding-- funny someone PROBABLY out would think it was grand.-lol.....

my bathroom was just rewallpapered ( old house plumbing accident and the landlord chose this beautiful crackled type paper---makes for a great backdrop sometime)
  • 02-07-2004, 07:54 AM
    paulnj
    oh no you didn't!
    Quote:

Originally Posted by prbowhay

Your creativity knows no bounds! Even to what appeared to me as -- a frump taking a dump. I did NOT think of this as one of your self-portraits at al!!

Your imagination is amazing.

My Best to You With Hugs,
    Penny

penny, you kill me! you really are that wild bunch nat proclaimed you and gene to be onm the SoBe post!!!!

and to nat..

i thought that you were implying this shot to be.., hence the TP :o

keep shooting my friends.. some days we get great images, other days we can't even buy an image worth keeping! HAPPENS TO EVERYONE
  • 02-07-2004, 09:59 AM
    another view
    Yeah, you could read alot into this, maybe TMI?? Still kind of interesting - in a "Shots" magazine kind of way, along the lines of what Charles said...

I have to do a self-portrait and was thinking about the tiled wall in my bathroom (at least that part's done!). I planned on cheating though - using my Coolpix with the LCD screen turned around so I could see it.
  • 02-07-2004, 12:35 PM
    Spike
    Lol
    Funny - all I "read into it" was that the camera clicked accidentally, or before you were ready. I did not see symbolism...that must be why I'll never be a great artist or art snob. ;)

Thanks for the laugh.

Spike
  • 02-09-2004, 01:55 PM
    Speed
    You can tell a lot from a shot like this..
    Quote:

Originally Posted by natatbeach

Like you are going to have to put a new roll of toilet paper on the roll soon!

Hehehehehe.

Sorry Nat, I couldn't resist. :-)

And I know that self portraits are NOT easy! I've thrown enough away to know!