ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Liz

Cool PJ - thanks for the Newsletter!

I enjoyed reading the newsletter while having lunch.

There were a lot of good upgrades and changes and new things the past few months - you did a great job of covering them all concisely.

PJ - just wanted to ask about the "newest equipment and latest cameras" section. There aren't any digital cameras mentioned. I wondered if this was a link glitch. It doesn't take away from the rest of the informative and interesting reading.

Personally I enjoyed the "Hot Topics" - mostly because I got to review our NYC Mini Gathering again. Now I'm all psyched about our May gathering! Here's the link if anyone is interested in recalling how much fun we had!

http://forums.photographyreview.com/...ead.php?t=2584

Liz

Apology

Liz-
    I'm glad you enjoyed the newsletter. But I'm surprised none of it looked familiar to you. That newsletter is from last year. I sent the wrong one. I am very unhappy about the mistake. It goes to thousands of people and I am feeling very stupid. I do have a new one written and I will send it out early next week. It will be current, including links to all PMA content from this year, current Top Ten lists, and links to the new Gathering threads.

To anyone else who got the newsletter, I apologize for the mistake.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: PJ - thanks for the Newsletter!

Quote Originally Posted by Liz
    I enjoyed reading the newsletter while having lunch.

There were a lot of good upgrades and changes and new things the past few months - you did a great job of covering them all concisely.
    Liz
    I will second that. It was kinda neat getting a newsletter in my email that I actually wanted to read.

Thanks PJ.
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Liz

Smile Why not send it now?

Now I'm embarrassed. I did read it, btw (because I knew a lot of the info on the update, I just quickly read through the update). None of it except the cameras caught my eye - so I assumed it was a link problem. To be honest, a thought crossed my mind something to the effect of "gee, some of this is old news, but it must have been a long time since the last news letter" but I didn't think much about it.

I just went back and re-read some of the Big Fat Update - and some of does look a lot like what's going on now. Actually when I read about the gallery it seemed rather "old" news, but I thought maybe it wasn't finished when the previous newsletter went out.

Then we have to take into account that I'm getting older.

Unless it is time consuming for you, why not send the real one now and just explain due to a "glitch" whatever (or whoever) that glitch might be, the wrong newsletter went. So - here's the real McCoy (McCoy's are part of the O'Canon Clan).

At any rate, don't worry about it. At least people aren't paying for it.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Liz-
    I'm glad you enjoyed the newsletter. But I'm surprised none of it looked familiar to you. That newsletter is from last year. I sent the wrong one. I am very unhappy about the mistake. It goes to thousands of people and I am feeling very stupid. I do have a new one written and I will send it out early next week. It will be current, including links to all PMA content from this year, current Top Ten lists, and links to the new Gathering threads.

To anyone else who got the newsletter, I apologize for the mistake.

Thread Information